Wauwatosa East used a huge second quarter to pull away from Brookfield Central, but then the Lancers battled back, only to lose, 53-48.
Central led 14-9 after one quarter, as Alex Olson scored seven of his nine points to spark the Lancers. But the Red Raiders came out and outscored Central, 18-4, behind Dan Sayles' eight points and five points each from Jake Larson and Darrell Bowie. The Red Raiders held Central to one basket at the 7:21 mark and the Lancers didn't score after Seith Mortag sank two free throws with 6:23 left in the half.
Central's leading scorer, Alex Diciauala, who only scored two points in the first half, then scored eight of Central's 12 third-quarter points. Sayles with five and Aaron Uden added four points as Tosa also scored 12 points in the period.
When Mortag scored on an inbounds play with 45.3 seconds left, Central cut the lead to 49-47. But Bowie hit two free throws and Sayles hit two, while Central only go one free throw from Nick Hubbard the rest of the way.
Diciaula scored 16 points and Mortag 10 for Central, while Sayles added 18 and Bowie 11 to top Tosa East. Bowie didn't start for the Red Raiders because of a coach's decision.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season