Wauwatosa East continued its mastery over crosstown rival Wauwatosa West Saturday night, winning a 76-72 thriller before 1,600 fans in a packed house.
For the second game in a row, Tosa East 6-foot-6-inch sophomore center Darrell Bowie had a monster game, scoring 33 points and grabbing 22 rebounds, including 15 fourth-period points as the Red Raiders held off a Trojan rally. Senior guard Dan Sayles added 23 points for Tosa East.
But Tosa West had an outstanding one-two punch as well, as freshman sensation Anthony (AC) Carroll scored 24 points and senior guard Sam Krenzien added 23.
The Red Raiders used a 15-8 second period to lead 30-22 at intermission, but the Trojans rallied with a 22-18 third period to cut the lead to 48-44 going into the final period. The fourth period was an offense shootout as each team raced up and down the court to a 28-28 tie.
East led 74-72 when Bowie added two free throws with 2.7 second on the clock, as he scored East's last five points of the game from the free throw line.
West has lost 16 straight games to the Raiders, last winning in the 1995-96 season in the first of two meetings between the teams.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's offense has best outing of year
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins second straight Woodland title
- Wauwatosa West swimmers finish fourth at Woodland
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years
- Wauwatosa golfers take third in final GMC mini-meet
- Wauwtosa West girls volleyball team loses to Arrowhead in own title match