Sophomore star J.P. Tokoto scored 22 points to lead Menomonee Falls past Wauwatosa East, 72-64, in Wauwatosa Friday night.
Tokoto spent the majority of the second quarter on the bench with two fouls, coming back to score 16 of his points in the second half.
Another 6'6" sophomore, Darrell Bowie, kept the Red Raiders in the game scoring a career high 19 points. 53 fouls were called resulting in 69 free throw attempts. Tosa East converted 21-of-33 and Falls was good on 20-of-36.
Dan Sayles finished with 18 points for the Red Raiders, while John Cording added 13 for Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Whitefish Bay girls win regional title for injured Jonas, 31-27
- Girls basketball: Tosa East falls short against Wisco
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West upsets Shorewood
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West