Sophomore star J.P. Tokoto scored 22 points to lead Menomonee Falls past Wauwatosa East, 72-64, in Wauwatosa Friday night.
Tokoto spent the majority of the second quarter on the bench with two fouls, coming back to score 16 of his points in the second half.
Another 6'6" sophomore, Darrell Bowie, kept the Red Raiders in the game scoring a career high 19 points. 53 fouls were called resulting in 69 free throw attempts. Tosa East converted 21-of-33 and Falls was good on 20-of-36.
Dan Sayles finished with 18 points for the Red Raiders, while John Cording added 13 for Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys could surprise in post-season
- Wauwatosa West battles Popes but loses in overtime
- Wauwatosa West senior boys weren't ready to call it a basketball season yet
- Wauwatosa West's Brown hits a 3-pointer to send playoff into 2 overtimes
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team nips Huskies in overtime
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Larson named Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Most Valuable Athlete
- Wauwatosa East girls see season end in regional semifinal
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down the stretch for Wauwatosa West girls basketball