Dan Sayles scored 17 points and led Wauwatosa East to a 45-37 decision over West Allis Central in Greater Metro Conference action Tuesday night.
The win tied the Red Raiders (2-2, 4-7 overall) with the Bulldogs (2-2, 7-4 overall) for fourth in league play. It was also the first winning streak of the year for the Raiders - a two-gamer.
The Raiders led, 12-5, after a quarter and 23-14 at half-time, as Sayles had nine first-half points. He was supported by sophomore Darrell Bowie, who chipped in 12 points.
The Bulldogs had no one in double figures, as Jarvis Garrett had nine points and Najeal McMillian had eight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa East girls softball team outslugs Bulldogs
- Younger Wauwatosa West soccer players impressing Bailey
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties with Falls in GMC opener
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Young Homestead boys tennis team still figuring things out
- Tight End Camp set for June 17-18
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015