Dan Sayles scored 17 points and led Wauwatosa East to a 45-37 decision over West Allis Central in Greater Metro Conference action Tuesday night.
The win tied the Red Raiders (2-2, 4-7 overall) with the Bulldogs (2-2, 7-4 overall) for fourth in league play. It was also the first winning streak of the year for the Raiders - a two-gamer.
The Raiders led, 12-5, after a quarter and 23-14 at half-time, as Sayles had nine first-half points. He was supported by sophomore Darrell Bowie, who chipped in 12 points.
The Bulldogs had no one in double figures, as Jarvis Garrett had nine points and Najeal McMillian had eight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post three top-10 finishes at Nelson Daniel invite
- Wauwatosa West boasts young but experienced kickers