Dan Sayles scored 17 points and led Wauwatosa East to a 45-37 decision over West Allis Central in Greater Metro Conference action Tuesday night.
The win tied the Red Raiders (2-2, 4-7 overall) with the Bulldogs (2-2, 7-4 overall) for fourth in league play. It was also the first winning streak of the year for the Raiders - a two-gamer.
The Raiders led, 12-5, after a quarter and 23-14 at half-time, as Sayles had nine first-half points. He was supported by sophomore Darrell Bowie, who chipped in 12 points.
The Bulldogs had no one in double figures, as Jarvis Garrett had nine points and Najeal McMillian had eight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27
- Wauwatosa wrestlers claim Cougar Invitational