Playing one of its best games of the season, Wauwatosa East beat St. Scholastica, 53-32, Wednesday afternoon at Tosa East.
The Red Raiders jumped out to a 30-15 lead at intermission as Cara Walls scored nine points and Talisha Simpson eight in the first-half run. Walls And Simpson eached added three points in a 19-point third quarter to put the game away.
Walls finished with 15 points, Simpson 15, Emily Ferger had six and Cassie Osinski five to lead coach Rob Hamill's Red Raiders (2-6). Victoria Anichebe and Colleen Lowry each scored nine points to lead the Stingers (10-6).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays