Playing one of its best games of the season, Wauwatosa East beat St. Scholastica, 53-32, Wednesday afternoon at Tosa East.
The Red Raiders jumped out to a 30-15 lead at intermission as Cara Walls scored nine points and Talisha Simpson eight in the first-half run. Walls And Simpson eached added three points in a 19-point third quarter to put the game away.
Walls finished with 15 points, Simpson 15, Emily Ferger had six and Cassie Osinski five to lead coach Rob Hamill's Red Raiders (2-6). Victoria Anichebe and Colleen Lowry each scored nine points to lead the Stingers (10-6).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale