Playing one of its best games of the season, Wauwatosa East beat St. Scholastica, 53-32, Wednesday afternoon at Tosa East.
The Red Raiders jumped out to a 30-15 lead at intermission as Cara Walls scored nine points and Talisha Simpson eight in the first-half run. Walls And Simpson eached added three points in a 19-point third quarter to put the game away.
Walls finished with 15 points, Simpson 15, Emily Ferger had six and Cassie Osinski five to lead coach Rob Hamill's Red Raiders (2-6). Victoria Anichebe and Colleen Lowry each scored nine points to lead the Stingers (10-6).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West