Playing one of its best games of the season, Wauwatosa East beat St. Scholastica, 53-32, Wednesday afternoon at Tosa East.
The Red Raiders jumped out to a 30-15 lead at intermission as Cara Walls scored nine points and Talisha Simpson eight in the first-half run. Walls And Simpson eached added three points in a 19-point third quarter to put the game away.
Walls finished with 15 points, Simpson 15, Emily Ferger had six and Cassie Osinski five to lead coach Rob Hamill's Red Raiders (2-6). Victoria Anichebe and Colleen Lowry each scored nine points to lead the Stingers (10-6).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27