Milwaukee Pius XI clobbered Wauwatosa East, 52-34, in the 2009 Shootout sponsored by the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook Sunday night at the Al McGuire Center.
Artie Turner and Larry Fitzgerald scored 16 and 14 points to lead the Popes (4-3) to victory. Turner scored 12 points in the first half as Pius took a 28-12 lead after an 18-2 first quarter. Fitzgerald scored eight of his points in the second half.
Darrell Bowie scored 10 points to lead the Red Raiders, who are now 2-7. Tosa East faces Milwaukee Washington Monday night at the Al at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982