The Wauwatosa West girls basketball team beat Brown Deer, 43-34, Tuesday night at home and improved their Woodland Conference record to 5-2.
Senior guard Jessica Allemang scored a game-high 15 points and four other Trojans managed five or more points - Jackie Glazer (7), Mariah Smith (6), Jenna Lahmann (6) and Molly Boyle (5).
Brown Deer only trailed, 33-29, after three quarters, when the West pressure defense put the game away early in the fourth quarter.
Glazer led a fastbreak, passing to Lahmann for a basketball to open the final period. Then Smith followed suit, passing to Lahmann for another easy score and finally Lahmann passed to Allemang for a lay-up and the Trojans led 39-29 with 6:21 left in the game.
Mariah Weddle led Brown Deer with 13 points and 6-2 Ariel Feiertag added 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preps Alcove: A look at this year's landscape for Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa East's complete performance not enough against Spartans
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West holds off hard-charging Greenfield team
- Boys swimming: Larson's two wins lead Wauwatosa at Kenosha Bradford swimming invite
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume