The Wauwatosa West girls basketball team beat Brown Deer, 43-34, Tuesday night at home and improved their Woodland Conference record to 5-2.
Senior guard Jessica Allemang scored a game-high 15 points and four other Trojans managed five or more points - Jackie Glazer (7), Mariah Smith (6), Jenna Lahmann (6) and Molly Boyle (5).
Brown Deer only trailed, 33-29, after three quarters, when the West pressure defense put the game away early in the fourth quarter.
Glazer led a fastbreak, passing to Lahmann for a basketball to open the final period. Then Smith followed suit, passing to Lahmann for another easy score and finally Lahmann passed to Allemang for a lay-up and the Trojans led 39-29 with 6:21 left in the game.
Mariah Weddle led Brown Deer with 13 points and 6-2 Ariel Feiertag added 10.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9