Thirteen Wauwatosa athletes competed in the Ironman in Madison this fall, and Steve Chapin qualified for the World Championships in Hawaii.
Originally a combination of the Waikiki Rough Water swim, the Around Oahu Bike Race and the Honolulu Marathon, the Ironman consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2-mile run.
The Ironman qualifying series includes 22 events leading up to the Ford Ironman World Championship every October in Kona, Hawaii.
Chapin finished fifth out of 95 participants in the 35-39-year-old age group in 9 hours, 49 minutes, 19 seconds.
The rest of the participants, listed by time:
• Carl Kaiser took third (10:05:45) and Chase Kettler finished 15th (11:29:01) in the 18-24 age group.
• Adrienne Amman finished 11th (11:36:20) out of 132 women in the 30-34 age group, and Tom Schuler finished 25th (11:48:44) out of 170 men in the 50-54 age group.
• Patrick Toft was 86th (12:07:07) in the men's 30-34 age group, and Scott Goehner was 103rd (12:54:16) out of 189 in the men's 25-29 age group.
• Gary Kiltz finished 184th (13:15:33) out of 356 men in the 35-39 age group, and Janel Lanza was 37th (13:29:10) out of 103 women in the 40-44 age group.
• Kenneth Byom was 199th (13:29:12) in the 35-39 group and Richard O'Conor was 166th (14:27:37) out of 249 in the men's 45-49 age group.
• Kristina Prade was 94th (15:29:44) out of 116 in the 35-39 women's age group and Paul Watzka was 310th (15:55:03) in the 35-39 men's age group.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West