Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season
- Cavs, Dashers beat Tosa East
- Wauwatosa West boys track wins Case Classic Invitational
- Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
- East kickers blanked Pius, 2-0, for first win
- Ashley Lindstrom named Wauwatosa West girls basketball MVP