Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell
- Hamill excited about Wauwatosa East's experience
- Kelnhofer earns All-GMC honors, Team MVP
- Meylor named Wauwatosa West's MVP for tennis
- Boys volleyball: Early momentum doesn't stay with Tosa East
- All you need to know about the state volleyball tournament