Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27