Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent
- Wauwatosa East netters to have rebuilding season
- Meylor ready to lead Wauwatosa West netters
- Wauwatosa Spartans of the Mid-States league beat Chicago Thunder
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy one of state's top backs
- Ravenola takes over Wauwatosa girls golf reins
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 14
- Three Red Raiders doing well with Wisconsin All-Stars