Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West