Wauwatosa West beat crosstown rival Wauwatosa East, 3-0, and won the girls volleyball regional title Thursday night at Tosa West.
The Trojans, the Woodland Conference regular season champions, won 25-17, 25-11, 25-19 to advance to sectional play at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Pius XI where they will play Greater Metro Champion Divine Savior Holy Angels.
Jenny Ciriaks led West with 23 kills and 12 digs, Sam Himmelspach had 26 assists and 3 blocks, Monica Kleinke had 16 digs, Jenna Lahmann had 5 kills and 3 blocks, Anna Radske had 3 aces and Kelsey Quakenbush had 3 blocks.
Taylor Lewis led Tosa East with 9 kills and 4 blocks, Becca Hoffland had 17 assists, Devin Kunda had and Sage Coles each had 3 digs and Gabrielle Iyamah had 4 blocks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19