Wauwatosa West pulled away from St. Francis in the second half and ended the season on a positive note by crushing the Mariners, 42-7.
Amari Rushing scored on an 84-yard run and Dylan Rogahn threw a 16-yard TD pass to Mark Wesson to lead West to a 14-7 half-time advantage.
Then the Trojans exploded for 28 second-half points, 14 in each quarter, to roll to victory.
Dylan Crafton caught a 14-yard TD pass from Rogahn and then ran back a 64-yard punt return to take a 28-7 lead into the final period.
Rogahn then connected with Ray Sterling, jr. on a 44-yard TD-pass and Barry Ballinger scored on an 11-yard run to end a productive night.
West had 422 yards of total offense, including 276 on the ground. Wesson was 6-for-6 on PATs.
The Trojans finished the year with a 3-5 Woodland Conference mark, 4-5 overall, a big improvement over coach Matt Good's first season (0-8, 0-9).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preps Alcove: A look at this year's landscape for Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa East's complete performance not enough against Spartans
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West holds off hard-charging Greenfield team
- Boys swimming: Larson's two wins lead Wauwatosa at Kenosha Bradford swimming invite
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume