Donavin Tucker’s two touchdowns led Brookfield East to a 21-7 victory over host Wauwatosa East on Friday.
The win is the Spartans' first Greater Metro Conference victory in nearly two years, snapping an 11-game skid. Wauwatosa East fell to 0-7 overall, 0-5 conference.
Brookfield East quarterback Skyler Holden converted a fourth-and-1 on the Red Raiders’ 27-yard line with a sneak up the middle. With his team leading, 14-7, Tucker put the game away on the next play with a 26-yard touchdown run with 2 minutes, 11 seconds remaining in the game.
Tucker had 12 carries for 69 yards and a 53-yard touchdown reception. Tedrick Boone had 113 yards on 23 carries and one touchdown for Brookfield East (3-4 overall, 1-4 GMC).
Wauwatosa East scored its only touchdown on a 4-yard run by quarterback Ethan Harris. Harris was 14 of 28 for 170 passing yards with one interception and 45 rushing yards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West's Purifoy, big plays spark 35-15 win
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Wauwatosa East hammers Homestead, 7-1
- Trojan kickers toss shutout in opener
- Wauwatosa West wins four of five at Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West, East place sixth, seventh in Early Bird invite
- Ironman Wisconsin set for Sept. 7 in Madison
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football