Donavin Tucker’s two touchdowns led Brookfield East to a 21-7 victory over host Wauwatosa East on Friday.
The win is the Spartans' first Greater Metro Conference victory in nearly two years, snapping an 11-game skid. Wauwatosa East fell to 0-7 overall, 0-5 conference.
Brookfield East quarterback Skyler Holden converted a fourth-and-1 on the Red Raiders’ 27-yard line with a sneak up the middle. With his team leading, 14-7, Tucker put the game away on the next play with a 26-yard touchdown run with 2 minutes, 11 seconds remaining in the game.
Tucker had 12 carries for 69 yards and a 53-yard touchdown reception. Tedrick Boone had 113 yards on 23 carries and one touchdown for Brookfield East (3-4 overall, 1-4 GMC).
Wauwatosa East scored its only touchdown on a 4-yard run by quarterback Ethan Harris. Harris was 14 of 28 for 170 passing yards with one interception and 45 rushing yards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West kickers lose in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West boys finish week 2-1
- Wauwatosa East's Potter wins GMC Championship
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Wauwatosa East falls to Hamilton in finale