Wauwatosa East nipped Wauwatosa West, 3-2, in boys soccer action before a packed house at Whitman Field in Tosa Saturday night.
The young Trojans led, 1-0, at half-time on a goal by sophomore forward Evan Carlin. But Tosa East came out in the second half and tied the game at the 52-minute mark when senior midfielder Tyler O'Brien drilled a shot from the right side into the upper left-hand corner of the net.
Junior defender Jackson Orin then gave East the lead with a shot from just about the same area as O'Brien for a 2-1 lead at the 58-minute mark. Senior captain Joe Pickering then gave the Raiders a 3-1 lead with a goal on an assist from sophomore Bobby Russ in the 71st minute.
West battled back when Carlin headed in a shot after a pass from Sam Krenzien three minutes later to cut the lead to 3-2.
The Trojans then put pressure on the Raiders, even moving goalkeeper Zach Soderberg into the offense, but East goalie Andrew Fredrickson blocked three shots as time was running out, the last two by Krenzien and David Boardman.
It was East's first win over West since 2005.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets