Wauwatosa East nipped Wauwatosa West, 3-2, in boys soccer action before a packed house at Whitman Field in Tosa Saturday night.
The young Trojans led, 1-0, at half-time on a goal by sophomore forward Evan Carlin. But Tosa East came out in the second half and tied the game at the 52-minute mark when senior midfielder Tyler O'Brien drilled a shot from the right side into the upper left-hand corner of the net.
Junior defender Jackson Orin then gave East the lead with a shot from just about the same area as O'Brien for a 2-1 lead at the 58-minute mark. Senior captain Joe Pickering then gave the Raiders a 3-1 lead with a goal on an assist from sophomore Bobby Russ in the 71st minute.
West battled back when Carlin headed in a shot after a pass from Sam Krenzien three minutes later to cut the lead to 3-2.
The Trojans then put pressure on the Raiders, even moving goalkeeper Zach Soderberg into the offense, but East goalie Andrew Fredrickson blocked three shots as time was running out, the last two by Krenzien and David Boardman.
It was East's first win over West since 2005.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West