Wauwatosa East nipped Wauwatosa West, 3-2, in boys soccer action before a packed house at Whitman Field in Tosa Saturday night.
The young Trojans led, 1-0, at half-time on a goal by sophomore forward Evan Carlin. But Tosa East came out in the second half and tied the game at the 52-minute mark when senior midfielder Tyler O'Brien drilled a shot from the right side into the upper left-hand corner of the net.
Junior defender Jackson Orin then gave East the lead with a shot from just about the same area as O'Brien for a 2-1 lead at the 58-minute mark. Senior captain Joe Pickering then gave the Raiders a 3-1 lead with a goal on an assist from sophomore Bobby Russ in the 71st minute.
West battled back when Carlin headed in a shot after a pass from Sam Krenzien three minutes later to cut the lead to 3-2.
The Trojans then put pressure on the Raiders, even moving goalkeeper Zach Soderberg into the offense, but East goalie Andrew Fredrickson blocked three shots as time was running out, the last two by Krenzien and David Boardman.
It was East's first win over West since 2005.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team uses big second half to beat Wisconsin Lutheran
- Plenty of positives in Wauwatosa West girls' basketball loss to Kettle Moraine
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team could battle for GMC title
- Wauwatosa West swimming team has bright future with talented underclassmen on the rise
- MacGillis, Barkow share Wauwatosa West boys volleyball MVP honors
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team looks for improvement
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes return three state qualifiers — Danny Larson, Cal Hartt, Avery Weishoff
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team has plenty of experience returning
- Wauwatosa East's Potter earns two team cross-country awards