Brown Deer handed Wauwatosa West its first loss of the year, 55-26, at West in the Woodland Conference opener for both teams.
The Falcons used the tandem of Sean Andryauskus (6 passes, 145 yards, TD) and Chris Smith (4 TDs and 203 total yards from scrimmage) to put the Trojans away in the second half.
West only trailed 20-6 at half-time as a 17-yard run by quarterback Kevin Gorman opened the scoring. But then in the third quarter Smith scored on a 64-yard punt return and a 17-yard pass for a 34-6 lead.
The Trojans scored second-half touchdowns on runs of 15 and 6 yards by Gorman and a 44-yard score from Gorman to Ray Sterling, Jr.
West (1-1) will now travel to Cudahy for a 7 p.m. game on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M