Brown Deer handed Wauwatosa West its first loss of the year, 55-26, at West in the Woodland Conference opener for both teams.
The Falcons used the tandem of Sean Andryauskus (6 passes, 145 yards, TD) and Chris Smith (4 TDs and 203 total yards from scrimmage) to put the Trojans away in the second half.
West only trailed 20-6 at half-time as a 17-yard run by quarterback Kevin Gorman opened the scoring. But then in the third quarter Smith scored on a 64-yard punt return and a 17-yard pass for a 34-6 lead.
The Trojans scored second-half touchdowns on runs of 15 and 6 yards by Gorman and a 44-yard score from Gorman to Ray Sterling, Jr.
West (1-1) will now travel to Cudahy for a 7 p.m. game on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition