Brown Deer handed Wauwatosa West its first loss of the year, 55-26, at West in the Woodland Conference opener for both teams.
The Falcons used the tandem of Sean Andryauskus (6 passes, 145 yards, TD) and Chris Smith (4 TDs and 203 total yards from scrimmage) to put the Trojans away in the second half.
West only trailed 20-6 at half-time as a 17-yard run by quarterback Kevin Gorman opened the scoring. But then in the third quarter Smith scored on a 64-yard punt return and a 17-yard pass for a 34-6 lead.
The Trojans scored second-half touchdowns on runs of 15 and 6 yards by Gorman and a 44-yard score from Gorman to Ray Sterling, Jr.
West (1-1) will now travel to Cudahy for a 7 p.m. game on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Whitefish Bay girls win regional title for injured Jonas, 31-27
- Girls basketball: Tosa East falls short against Wisco
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West upsets Shorewood
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West