Brown Deer handed Wauwatosa West its first loss of the year, 55-26, at West in the Woodland Conference opener for both teams.
The Falcons used the tandem of Sean Andryauskus (6 passes, 145 yards, TD) and Chris Smith (4 TDs and 203 total yards from scrimmage) to put the Trojans away in the second half.
West only trailed 20-6 at half-time as a 17-yard run by quarterback Kevin Gorman opened the scoring. But then in the third quarter Smith scored on a 64-yard punt return and a 17-yard pass for a 34-6 lead.
The Trojans scored second-half touchdowns on runs of 15 and 6 yards by Gorman and a 44-yard score from Gorman to Ray Sterling, Jr.
West (1-1) will now travel to Cudahy for a 7 p.m. game on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West wins four of five at Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West, East place sixth, seventh in Early Bird invite
- Ironman Wisconsin set for Sept. 7 in Madison
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football
- Poll: Who will win the Battle of Wauwatosa: West or East?
- Tosa East football team trying to overcome injuries
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent