Wauwatosa East fell to 0-2 with a 53-14 loss to Kenosha Tremper at Hart Park Friday night and now the Red Raiders have a week to get ready for the Greater Metro Conference season.
The Red Raiders were down 39-14 at intermission after trailing 25-0. Two of the Trojans first four scores included a 37-yard interception return and a 63-yard punt return.
Tosa East got on the board in the second quarter when Ethan Harris tossed an 18-yard touchdown pass to Jumaane Brady. After two more Tremper scores, Harris tossed a 10-yard score to Vince Cupertino. Bryce Kratzer kicked both PATs for the Raiders.
Tremper added two short TD runs in the third and fourth quarters to close out the scoring,
Tremper had 385 total yards, while Tosa East had 223. Harris was 11-for-25 for 140 yards and two scores.
The Red Raiders travel to West Allis Hale to open up the Greater Metro Conference season at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 16
- Sports notes
- Wauwatosa West track teams take second in Woodland
- Wauwatosa golfers hoping to hold on to fourth
- West teams compete at Falls, Hale Invites
- Trojans win three conference tilts
- SPORT SHORTS: May 14
- SKY'S TAKE
- West kickers nip Red Raiders, 1-0