Wauwatosa East fell to 0-2 with a 53-14 loss to Kenosha Tremper at Hart Park Friday night and now the Red Raiders have a week to get ready for the Greater Metro Conference season.
The Red Raiders were down 39-14 at intermission after trailing 25-0. Two of the Trojans first four scores included a 37-yard interception return and a 63-yard punt return.
Tosa East got on the board in the second quarter when Ethan Harris tossed an 18-yard touchdown pass to Jumaane Brady. After two more Tremper scores, Harris tossed a 10-yard score to Vince Cupertino. Bryce Kratzer kicked both PATs for the Raiders.
Tremper added two short TD runs in the third and fourth quarters to close out the scoring,
Tremper had 385 total yards, while Tosa East had 223. Harris was 11-for-25 for 140 yards and two scores.
The Red Raiders travel to West Allis Hale to open up the Greater Metro Conference season at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers
- Wauwatosa East girls finish 7th at Rocket Invitational
- Football: Tosa East has enough to ward off Bulldogs
- Football: Pirates finally find win column, down Tosa West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 11
- Wauwatosa West's 2-point conversion fails in football loss