Wauwatosa West - behind the excellent play of senior quarterback Kevin Gorman - clobbered Milwaukee North, 46-20, tonight and snapped a 12-game losing streak.
The win was especially special for Trojans' coach Matt Good because it was his first as a head coach. The Trojans were 0-10 in his first season. North dropped its 11th in a row with the loss.
Gorman ran for touchdowns of five, 35 and 25 yards and tossed scores of 31 yards to Dylan Crafton and 51 yards to Ray Sterling, Jr.
Joe Januzzi ran for scores of one and six yards for the other West scores.
North was led by an outstanding quarterback also, as Jabari Hill scored on a 50-yard run and two short runs to key the North offense, which scored it's final 14 points against the West reserve defense.
West led 26-6 after one quarter, 33-6 at half and 46-6 after three quarters.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls run away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team will rely on defense, depth in 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East softball teams beats West Allis Central in twinbill
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East girls soccer team crushes West Allis Central, 11-0
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team seeks Woodland title
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Ryan Kelnhofer to play in summer All-Star game