Wauwatosa West - behind the excellent play of senior quarterback Kevin Gorman - clobbered Milwaukee North, 46-20, tonight and snapped a 12-game losing streak.
The win was especially special for Trojans' coach Matt Good because it was his first as a head coach. The Trojans were 0-10 in his first season. North dropped its 11th in a row with the loss.
Gorman ran for touchdowns of five, 35 and 25 yards and tossed scores of 31 yards to Dylan Crafton and 51 yards to Ray Sterling, Jr.
Joe Januzzi ran for scores of one and six yards for the other West scores.
North was led by an outstanding quarterback also, as Jabari Hill scored on a 50-yard run and two short runs to key the North offense, which scored it's final 14 points against the West reserve defense.
West led 26-6 after one quarter, 33-6 at half and 46-6 after three quarters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West kickers lose in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West boys finish week 2-1
- Wauwatosa East's Potter wins GMC Championship
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Wauwatosa East falls to Hamilton in finale