Wauwatosa East dropped a 42-6 decision to Milwaukee Riverside at Milwaukee Custer Stadium Thursday night in the opening game for each school.
The Red Raiders trailed only 21-6 going into the final period, when the Tigers exploded for 21 points, the final two scores coming on a 66-yard run by Dominique Rhodes and a 22-yard fumble recovery by linebacker Jeremy Gordon, his second defensive touchdown of the night.
East initially fell behind with 7 minutes, 11 seconds in the first quarter when Nick Schlitz fumbled on the Riverside 25-line line and Gordon picked it up and raced down the sidelines for the score. The point after attempt was muffed and the Tigers led, 6-0.
The Tigers then converted a 10-play, 79-yard drive with 22 seconds left in the first half, when Barry Beverly scored on a trap play from three yards out. Quarterback John D’Amato then tossed a two-point conversion pass to Geoffrey Bacon for a 14-0 lead at intermission.
Laron Richardson then took the opening kick-off 89 yards for a 21-0 lead to start the third period and Tosa countered with its only score of the night, a beautiful 30-yard touchdown pass from Ethan Harris to Jake Larson down the right sideline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition