The Wauwatosa West girls saw their amazing string of Woodland Conference Championships snapped at 14 Tuesday when they finished second to Brown Deer at Greendale.
The girls finished second with 123 points behind the Falcons 134. The boys finished third (99.5) behind Whitnall (124) and Greendale (115).
The Trojan girls have won the indoor, relays and outdoor league title the past four years before taking second on Tuesday.
Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches for the Trojans only win.
On the boys side, Ira Howard won the 100 meter dash (11,21 seconds) and the 200 (22.77); Kevin Gorman won the 400 (50.86) and the 800 relay (1:30.88) all took first.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19
- 27 points from Bryce Beekman of Wauwatosa East boys basketball sparks win