The Wauwatosa West girls saw their amazing string of Woodland Conference Championships snapped at 14 Tuesday when they finished second to Brown Deer at Greendale.
The girls finished second with 123 points behind the Falcons 134. The boys finished third (99.5) behind Whitnall (124) and Greendale (115).
The Trojan girls have won the indoor, relays and outdoor league title the past four years before taking second on Tuesday.
Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches for the Trojans only win.
On the boys side, Ira Howard won the 100 meter dash (11,21 seconds) and the 200 (22.77); Kevin Gorman won the 400 (50.86) and the 800 relay (1:30.88) all took first.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays