The Wauwatosa West girls saw their amazing string of Woodland Conference Championships snapped at 14 Tuesday when they finished second to Brown Deer at Greendale.
The girls finished second with 123 points behind the Falcons 134. The boys finished third (99.5) behind Whitnall (124) and Greendale (115).
The Trojan girls have won the indoor, relays and outdoor league title the past four years before taking second on Tuesday.
Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches for the Trojans only win.
On the boys side, Ira Howard won the 100 meter dash (11,21 seconds) and the 200 (22.77); Kevin Gorman won the 400 (50.86) and the 800 relay (1:30.88) all took first.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale