The Wauwatosa West girls saw their amazing string of Woodland Conference Championships snapped at 14 Tuesday when they finished second to Brown Deer at Greendale.
The girls finished second with 123 points behind the Falcons 134. The boys finished third (99.5) behind Whitnall (124) and Greendale (115).
The Trojan girls have won the indoor, relays and outdoor league title the past four years before taking second on Tuesday.
Ashlee Ballinger won the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches for the Trojans only win.
On the boys side, Ira Howard won the 100 meter dash (11,21 seconds) and the 200 (22.77); Kevin Gorman won the 400 (50.86) and the 800 relay (1:30.88) all took first.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27