Wauwatosa East senior Eric Williams, ranked 17th in Wisconsin's Class of 2010 by wishoops.net, has orally committed to play basketball at UW-Superior.
Williams helped Tosa East win the 2007-'08 state championship with a 26-1 record. Last season, the Red Raiders went 18-5 and advanced to a sectional final as Williams averaged 13 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists per game.
"I really liked my visit and feel comfortable with the coaches and players on the team," Williams said. "I know the coaches and my teammates are going to help me become the best I can be."
"Eric is a great athlete and over time will have the ability to play as many as three different positions for us," Superior coach Dave Buchanan said. "He can drive it and shoot it, and is a very talented defender."
Hottenstine to Duluth: Minnesota-Duluth, a Division II school, has announced the signing of Bay Port senior Jake Hottenstine. The 6-3 swing man scored 25 points in 24-1 Bay Port's 64-60 overtime loss to eventual state champion Madison Memorial in a semifinal of the Division 1 state tournament.
Whitehead to Mankato: La Crosse Aquinas senior guard Jimmy Whitehead has signed with Division II Minnesota State-Mankato. Whitehead averaged 20.6 and 4.3 rebounds as 22-4 Aquinas advanced to the Division 3 state final, where it lost to Racine St. Catherine's.
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over realignment proposal (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500