Wauwatosa East senior Eric Williams, ranked 17th in Wisconsin's Class of 2010 by wishoops.net, has orally committed to play basketball at UW-Superior.
Williams helped Tosa East win the 2007-'08 state championship with a 26-1 record. Last season, the Red Raiders went 18-5 and advanced to a sectional final as Williams averaged 13 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists per game.
"I really liked my visit and feel comfortable with the coaches and players on the team," Williams said. "I know the coaches and my teammates are going to help me become the best I can be."
"Eric is a great athlete and over time will have the ability to play as many as three different positions for us," Superior coach Dave Buchanan said. "He can drive it and shoot it, and is a very talented defender."
Hottenstine to Duluth: Minnesota-Duluth, a Division II school, has announced the signing of Bay Port senior Jake Hottenstine. The 6-3 swing man scored 25 points in 24-1 Bay Port's 64-60 overtime loss to eventual state champion Madison Memorial in a semifinal of the Division 1 state tournament.
Whitehead to Mankato: La Crosse Aquinas senior guard Jimmy Whitehead has signed with Division II Minnesota State-Mankato. Whitehead averaged 20.6 and 4.3 rebounds as 22-4 Aquinas advanced to the Division 3 state final, where it lost to Racine St. Catherine's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West
- Wauwatosa Spartans to begin MidStates Football action
- Wauwatosa East beats Nicolet, loses to Packers in finale
- Belknapp, Veit give Wauwatosa West a solid battery combination
- Biz Buzz: July 10
- Two-out hits hurting Wauwatosa West baseball team