There will be no Tosa vs. Tosa rematch.
Wauwatosa West lost, 59-44, in a WIAA regional final at Marquette on March 7, bringing the Trojans' season to an end.
Marquette (18-2-1) will play Wauwatosa East in a sectional semifinal at the Al McGuire Center at 8 p.m. Friday, March 13. The Red Raiders beat Bay View, 68-56, earlier in the day to advance.
The Trojans (10-12) looked poised to play their crosstown rival after a solid first half against the Hilltoppers. Tosa West held Marquette to 1-of-12 shooting in the second quarter and built a 26-21 halftime lead.
The Trojans, however, could not keep up the pace against the Greater Metro Conference champions after intermission. In the third quarter, Tosa West shot just 3-of-12 and was outscored, 17-6, and Marquette never looked back.
Garrett Maloney finished with a game-high 18 points and Sam Beres had 12 for the Hilltoppers, who have won 13 straight games and are unbeaten (one tie) in their last 15.
Bendell Lee and Andy Minkley had 11 points apiece for the Trojans, who lost to the defending state champion Red Raiders in a nonconference game earlier this season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team bounces back for victory
- Wauwatosa East volleyball team wins thriller against Trojans
- Wauwatosa East soccer team ties second-ranked Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West football team blanks Vikings, earns playoff spot
- Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished second at the Purgold Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team beats Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West swimmers defeat Greendale
- Wauwatosa East, West girls cross-country teams finish third, fourth at Purgold Invitational
- Wauwatosa West girls tennis finishes second in Woodland Tennis Tournament
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games