There will be no Tosa vs. Tosa rematch.
Wauwatosa West lost, 59-44, in a WIAA regional final at Marquette on March 7, bringing the Trojans' season to an end.
Marquette (18-2-1) will play Wauwatosa East in a sectional semifinal at the Al McGuire Center at 8 p.m. Friday, March 13. The Red Raiders beat Bay View, 68-56, earlier in the day to advance.
The Trojans (10-12) looked poised to play their crosstown rival after a solid first half against the Hilltoppers. Tosa West held Marquette to 1-of-12 shooting in the second quarter and built a 26-21 halftime lead.
The Trojans, however, could not keep up the pace against the Greater Metro Conference champions after intermission. In the third quarter, Tosa West shot just 3-of-12 and was outscored, 17-6, and Marquette never looked back.
Garrett Maloney finished with a game-high 18 points and Sam Beres had 12 for the Hilltoppers, who have won 13 straight games and are unbeaten (one tie) in their last 15.
Bendell Lee and Andy Minkley had 11 points apiece for the Trojans, who lost to the defending state champion Red Raiders in a nonconference game earlier this season.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney