Wauwatosa West defeated Wauwatosa East, 47-31, Tuesday night at West in the first round of the WIAA Regional playoffs and advanced to the regional finals at Divine Savior Holy Angels at 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Sophomore Jessica Allemang scored seven of her game-high 12 points in the fourth quarter to help the Trojans hold off the Red Raiders.
Tosa East was leading, 21-19, with 3 minutes, 29 seconds left in the third quarter, when the Trojans went on an 11-0 run to take a 30-21 lead. The Red Raiders rallied in the fourth period to within 35-27 with 5:03 left to play, but then the Trojans went on an 8-0 run to clinch the game.
Molly Boyle, who had two key baskets in the 11-0 run, had 10 points for West and Margaret Panter had 10 points, Carly Herald and Hannah Weinburg-Kinsey nine each for the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West
- Falls defeats Tosa at team sectional
- Wheeler's free throws help Wauwatosa East boys upset Shorewood
- Boys basketball: East's Wheeler's free throws lead to upset of Shorewood