Wauwatosa West defeated Wauwatosa East, 47-31, Tuesday night at West in the first round of the WIAA Regional playoffs and advanced to the regional finals at Divine Savior Holy Angels at 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Sophomore Jessica Allemang scored seven of her game-high 12 points in the fourth quarter to help the Trojans hold off the Red Raiders.
Tosa East was leading, 21-19, with 3 minutes, 29 seconds left in the third quarter, when the Trojans went on an 11-0 run to take a 30-21 lead. The Red Raiders rallied in the fourth period to within 35-27 with 5:03 left to play, but then the Trojans went on an 8-0 run to clinch the game.
Molly Boyle, who had two key baskets in the 11-0 run, had 10 points for West and Margaret Panter had 10 points, Carly Herald and Hannah Weinburg-Kinsey nine each for the Red Raiders.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9