Wauwatosa West defeated Wauwatosa East, 47-31, Tuesday night at West in the first round of the WIAA Regional playoffs and advanced to the regional finals at Divine Savior Holy Angels at 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Sophomore Jessica Allemang scored seven of her game-high 12 points in the fourth quarter to help the Trojans hold off the Red Raiders.
Tosa East was leading, 21-19, with 3 minutes, 29 seconds left in the third quarter, when the Trojans went on an 11-0 run to take a 30-21 lead. The Red Raiders rallied in the fourth period to within 35-27 with 5:03 left to play, but then the Trojans went on an 8-0 run to clinch the game.
Molly Boyle, who had two key baskets in the 11-0 run, had 10 points for West and Margaret Panter had 10 points, Carly Herald and Hannah Weinburg-Kinsey nine each for the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys go 3-1 at Racine Park invite
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers