Wauwatosa West defeated Wauwatosa East, 47-31, Tuesday night at West in the first round of the WIAA Regional playoffs and advanced to the regional finals at Divine Savior Holy Angels at 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Sophomore Jessica Allemang scored seven of her game-high 12 points in the fourth quarter to help the Trojans hold off the Red Raiders.
Tosa East was leading, 21-19, with 3 minutes, 29 seconds left in the third quarter, when the Trojans went on an 11-0 run to take a 30-21 lead. The Red Raiders rallied in the fourth period to within 35-27 with 5:03 left to play, but then the Trojans went on an 8-0 run to clinch the game.
Molly Boyle, who had two key baskets in the 11-0 run, had 10 points for West and Margaret Panter had 10 points, Carly Herald and Hannah Weinburg-Kinsey nine each for the Red Raiders.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North