The last thing Wauwatosa East's football team needs is injuries.
When your numbers are small and you are playing several players two ways, that is a curse for a football coach.
One of the first things Tosa East coach Mike Richards faced this season was losing juniors Bryce Beekman, an outstanding wide receiver/defensive back and Tyler Klossowski, an excellent wide receiver/linebacker.
But the news is not all bad for Richards as the Red Raiders return an outstanding quarterback in Jackson Telderer, a 6-feet, 1 inch senior.
"It's huge to have someone with his experience back," Richards said. "Quarterback is the toughest position to play in all of sports. He is a kid that is starting his third year back there.
"There are times I will call a play and he will say 'Coach, we can't run it out of that formation.' and I'll say, 'You're right.' That's how knowledgeable he is."
Richards has depth in his backfield behind Telderer, as he plans to alternate four players at running back among senior Marcus Smith (6-0, 180), junior Marvin Britt (5-10, 180), senior Tre Mounger (5-9, 190) and
Richards runs a hybrid offense, a spread off an I-formation.
He has a returning honorable mention all-conference wide out in junior Ryan Kelnhofer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West