The Wauwatosa East girls soccer team finished the final week of the season with a 3-0 record and now hosts fifth-seeded Brookfield East at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 5, at Whitman Field in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
"We beat Brookfield East, 2-0, a few weeks ago, but we are fully aware that this game will be a lot different," coach Rob Dubinski said. "It's always good to be confident when going into a match as long as you don't overlook your opponent. We played very well that night and will have to make sure we bring that type of intensity again."
East earned wins at West Allis Hale, 5-0, on May 27, at Dominican, 11-2, and Milwaukee King, 6-0, on May 31 at Whitman Field.
Against Hale, goals were scored by Anne Oleniczak, Sam Westphal, Kiara Klink, Alex Carlson and McKenna Kowalski, while assists were handed out by Katie Salmon (two), Emily Bradley and Bailey Berlin.
Against Dominican, Salmon scored twice and handed out three assists, while Kowalski and Bradley each scored twice and Berlin, Chyna Sincere, Ava Anderson, Tayla Ederesinghe and Sammie Osinski each scored once.
Besides Salmon, Bradley, Beca Pallo, Kelli Swenson, Anderson, Klink and Lauren Boeckmann had assists.
Against King, Tosa East celebrated Parent and Senior Recognition Day. Seniors started the match — Anderson, Salmon, Kowalski, Klink, Bradley, Osinski, Colleen Heck, Alex Carlson and Molly Harmon. East's Svenja ten Hove, who is from Germany, is also a senior and plays on the JV2 team.
Goals were scored by Salmon (two), Anderson, Boeckmann, Pallo and Sam Westphal, while assists went to Pallo (two), Salmon, Berlin, Bradley and Klink.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale