The Wauwatosa East girls soccer team finished the final week of the season with a 3-0 record and now hosts fifth-seeded Brookfield East at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 5, at Whitman Field in a WIAA regional semifinal contest.
"We beat Brookfield East, 2-0, a few weeks ago, but we are fully aware that this game will be a lot different," coach Rob Dubinski said. "It's always good to be confident when going into a match as long as you don't overlook your opponent. We played very well that night and will have to make sure we bring that type of intensity again."
East earned wins at West Allis Hale, 5-0, on May 27, at Dominican, 11-2, and Milwaukee King, 6-0, on May 31 at Whitman Field.
Against Hale, goals were scored by Anne Oleniczak, Sam Westphal, Kiara Klink, Alex Carlson and McKenna Kowalski, while assists were handed out by Katie Salmon (two), Emily Bradley and Bailey Berlin.
Against Dominican, Salmon scored twice and handed out three assists, while Kowalski and Bradley each scored twice and Berlin, Chyna Sincere, Ava Anderson, Tayla Ederesinghe and Sammie Osinski each scored once.
Besides Salmon, Bradley, Beca Pallo, Kelli Swenson, Anderson, Klink and Lauren Boeckmann had assists.
Against King, Tosa East celebrated Parent and Senior Recognition Day. Seniors started the match — Anderson, Salmon, Kowalski, Klink, Bradley, Osinski, Colleen Heck, Alex Carlson and Molly Harmon. East's Svenja ten Hove, who is from Germany, is also a senior and plays on the JV2 team.
Goals were scored by Salmon (two), Anderson, Boeckmann, Pallo and Sam Westphal, while assists went to Pallo (two), Salmon, Berlin, Bradley and Klink.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season