Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
Coach looks for improvement in rugged conference
Wauwatosa East boys tennis coach Glen Slonac has eight returning letterwinners this season, and he hopes to look for improvement as the Red Raiders play in one of the toughest conferences in the state.
"In our conference we have the two top teams in state — Brookfield East and Marquette," he said. "We also have Brookfield Central who is one of the better teams in the state.
"Our conference has good depth, and all the teams are good. Our goal is to get better each week and play smart tennis."
Last year's team lost four seniors from the team, but Slonac has three seniors, three juniors and two sophomores returning.
Jonah Robison, Joe Oleniczak and Jonny Vannucci are the seniors, while the juniors are Jacob Erdtmann, Charlie Fahr and Nate Wedel. Sophomores Michael Lockhart and Jordan Crump round out the returnees.
"We have a bunch of players who are very similar in ability level that will all be fighting for varsity spots," Slonac said. "Regarding the season, our top of our lineup will determine how we will do.
"I think we will have good team depth. Our players have very positive attitudes and want to get better and work hard in practice."
Tosa East will have their first match at 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, against Wisconsin Lutheran at Hart Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West's Purifoy, big plays spark 35-15 win
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Wauwatosa East hammers Homestead, 7-1
- Trojan kickers toss shutout in opener
- Wauwatosa West wins four of five at Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West, East place sixth, seventh in Early Bird invite
- Ironman Wisconsin set for Sept. 7 in Madison
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football