Schudrowitz takes 1,600 run for Tosa East's only victory
Senior breaks school record set back in 1985 track season
In a scenario that will probably be repeated this season, Wauwatosa East senior Natalie Schudrowitz came away with a first-place finish in the 1,600-meter run.
The Red Raiders finished 17th in the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Cary-Grove ran away with the event scoring 83 points, while Tosa East had 10 points.
Schudrowitz won her 1,600 in 5 minutes, 10.08 seconds, finishing well before Marlie Houston of Oconomowoc in 5:18.67. It was a school record, breaking the old mark that Clare Eichner set in 1985.
"It was a great indoor time, especially this time of the year," coach Glen Gardiner said. "Natalie put a lot of work in this winter and is poised to have a great season."
No one else broke into the top-10.
Hailey Krahn finished 12th in the shot put with a toss of 30-feet, 11 1/4 inches.
Carly Manning was 13th in the high jump with a leap of 4-feet, 4 inches and Elizabeth Johnson finished 19th in the triple jump in 29-feet, 10 inches.
First-year track runner Katie Drakulic, a junior, was the final top-20 performer, taking 20th in the 800 (2:45.75).
"That is an outstanding early season time," Gardiner said.
Tori Logan just missed the finals of the 55-meters by two spots with a time of 7.77.
The JV girls had a meet on Friday at the Wisconsin Lutheran JV Indoor at UW-Parkside.
Highlights of the meet included Annelise Rebholz taking fourth in the 55-meter hurdles; freshman Julia Bartlett, sixth in the 800; freshmen Kacy Fisher (30.31) and Toni Bonds (30.83) were sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 200.
"Great times for freshmen in an early-season meet," Gardiner said.
Fisher, Bonds, Ashley Wurster and Esterah Brown finished sixth in the 800.
They will now take part in the Waukesha South Invite at 10:15 a.m. Saturday. The Greater Metro Conference Indoor Championship is Wednesday.
"Some very solid performances on the day," Gardiner said. "The team is starting to round into shape and I am looking forward to the GMC conference meet."
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season