Schudrowitz takes 1,600 run for Tosa East's only victory
Senior breaks school record set back in 1985 track season
In a scenario that will probably be repeated this season, Wauwatosa East senior Natalie Schudrowitz came away with a first-place finish in the 1,600-meter run.
The Red Raiders finished 17th in the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Cary-Grove ran away with the event scoring 83 points, while Tosa East had 10 points.
Schudrowitz won her 1,600 in 5 minutes, 10.08 seconds, finishing well before Marlie Houston of Oconomowoc in 5:18.67. It was a school record, breaking the old mark that Clare Eichner set in 1985.
"It was a great indoor time, especially this time of the year," coach Glen Gardiner said. "Natalie put a lot of work in this winter and is poised to have a great season."
No one else broke into the top-10.
Hailey Krahn finished 12th in the shot put with a toss of 30-feet, 11 1/4 inches.
Carly Manning was 13th in the high jump with a leap of 4-feet, 4 inches and Elizabeth Johnson finished 19th in the triple jump in 29-feet, 10 inches.
First-year track runner Katie Drakulic, a junior, was the final top-20 performer, taking 20th in the 800 (2:45.75).
"That is an outstanding early season time," Gardiner said.
Tori Logan just missed the finals of the 55-meters by two spots with a time of 7.77.
The JV girls had a meet on Friday at the Wisconsin Lutheran JV Indoor at UW-Parkside.
Highlights of the meet included Annelise Rebholz taking fourth in the 55-meter hurdles; freshman Julia Bartlett, sixth in the 800; freshmen Kacy Fisher (30.31) and Toni Bonds (30.83) were sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 200.
"Great times for freshmen in an early-season meet," Gardiner said.
Fisher, Bonds, Ashley Wurster and Esterah Brown finished sixth in the 800.
They will now take part in the Waukesha South Invite at 10:15 a.m. Saturday. The Greater Metro Conference Indoor Championship is Wednesday.
"Some very solid performances on the day," Gardiner said. "The team is starting to round into shape and I am looking forward to the GMC conference meet."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M