Tosa East boys track and field team takes 13th place at Nelson-Daniels Invitational
Libby, Pridgeon each earn second-place finishes
The Wauwatosa East boys track and field team finished tied for 13th on Saturday at the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on the campus of UW-Whitewater.
Oconomowoc took first (56 points), edging out Brookfield East (51) and Racine Park (50). Tosa East tied with Franklin, each with 16 points.
Pierce Libby's second-place finish in the 3,200-meters in 10 minutes, 10.61 seconds was one of two runner-up performances for the Red Raiders. Nick Pridgeon was the other, taking second in the 55-meter hurdles in 7.86 seconds.
Sam Potter in the 800 (2:09.88) and Tanner Rutkowski in the 1,600 (4:48.84) each finished ninth in their respective events.
Just missing the top 10 were three 12th-place performances.
Evan Bertz in the 800 (2:12.03), Tyler Klein in the 3,200 (10:41.48) and Jack Mouradian in the 1,600 (4:51.14) all took 12th.
The Red Raiders now take part in the Greater Metro Conference Indoor Championships on Tuesday, April 1 at West Allis Central. Field events begin at 4:30 p.m. and running events at 5:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27