Tosa East boys track and field team takes 13th place at Nelson-Daniels Invitational
Libby, Pridgeon each earn second-place finishes
The Wauwatosa East boys track and field team finished tied for 13th on Saturday at the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on the campus of UW-Whitewater.
Oconomowoc took first (56 points), edging out Brookfield East (51) and Racine Park (50). Tosa East tied with Franklin, each with 16 points.
Pierce Libby's second-place finish in the 3,200-meters in 10 minutes, 10.61 seconds was one of two runner-up performances for the Red Raiders. Nick Pridgeon was the other, taking second in the 55-meter hurdles in 7.86 seconds.
Sam Potter in the 800 (2:09.88) and Tanner Rutkowski in the 1,600 (4:48.84) each finished ninth in their respective events.
Just missing the top 10 were three 12th-place performances.
Evan Bertz in the 800 (2:12.03), Tyler Klein in the 3,200 (10:41.48) and Jack Mouradian in the 1,600 (4:51.14) all took 12th.
The Red Raiders now take part in the Greater Metro Conference Indoor Championships on Tuesday, April 1 at West Allis Central. Field events begin at 4:30 p.m. and running events at 5:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys could surprise in post-season
- Wauwatosa West battles Popes but loses in overtime
- Wauwatosa West senior boys weren't ready to call it a basketball season yet
- Wauwatosa West's Brown hits a 3-pointer to send playoff into 2 overtimes
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team nips Huskies in overtime
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Larson named Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Most Valuable Athlete
- Wauwatosa East girls see season end in regional semifinal
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down the stretch for Wauwatosa West girls basketball