Larson keys Tosa swimming victory over New Berlin
Freshman involved in winning four events
Freshman Danny Larson sparked the Wauwatosa Hurricanes to a 94-89 victory over New Berlin Jan. 29 at Tosa West.
"The boys really wanted this win and put a lot of heart in to win it," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "The performances by all the swimmers/divers were really good and we couldn't have done it without the teamwork that was shown."
The freshman sensation won two individual events and was the anchor for two relay winners.
Larson was a double individual winner in the 200-yard IM (2:04.69) and 100 free (49.24).
He anchored the winning 200 medley relay behind Eddie Galindo, Michael Siverling and Jake Falk with a time of 1 minute, 47.89 seconds.
He also anchored the 200 free relay, which took first in 1:34.39 behind Falk, Jonah Robison and Jack Lutz.
Also taking firsts were Falk in the 200 free (1:51.92) and Siverling in the 100 breaststroke (1:11.83).
"We are really happy with the win but we would be even happier to do it again at conference," Goetsch said. "New Berlin has beaten us at a few invites so far this year so beating them at conference would be awesome. The boys really have their minds set on it, so it will be another close race."
The Woodland Conference Meet is Saturday at Greenfield High School. Diving begins at 10 a.m. and swimming at 1:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West kickers lose in 2 OT's
- Wauwatosa West boys finish week 2-1
- Wauwatosa East's Potter wins GMC Championship
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Wauwatosa East falls to Hamilton in finale
- Football: Greenfield secures playoff spot, edges Tosa West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Wauwatosa West girls second in Arrowhead Invite
- Wauwatosa East Sports Wrapups: Oct. 16, 2014