Tosa's Larson sets record in 500 freestyle
Hurricanes win dual meet, take fourth in invite
The Wauwatosa Hurricanes blew away St. Thomas More/St. Francis on Jan. 22 at home and then finished fourth at the Kenosha Bradford Invitational on Saturday.
The highlight of the win over the Cavs/Mariners was the performance of freshman Danny Larson, who won two individual events and was a member of a relay team.
Larson set a school record in the 500 freestyle, winning the event in 4 minutes, 53.51 seconds. He also won the 100 free (52.15) and was the second swimmer in the winning 200 medley relay (2:00.58) with John Bruckbauer, Joey Rampolla and Jonah Robison.
The Hurricanes' other two relay winners were the 200 free relay (1:41.51) of Edward Lei, Bruckbauer, Ryan Polasky and Robison and the 400 free relay (3:56.69) behind Jake Falk, Rampolla, Cal Hartt and Henry Lynch.
Falk was the other double individual winner in the 200 free (1:54.80) and 100 backstroke (1:02.10).
Other winners were Robison in the 50 free (25.47) and Noah Froh in the 100 butterfly (1:07.57).
The Hurricanes finished fourth (334) of 15 teams in the Bradford Red Devil Invitational on Saturday at Kenosha Bradford.
Franklin finished first with 436 points, followed by New Berlin (355) and Kenosha Tremper (343).
The three best finishes were second place.
The 200 free relay was second (1:29.72) behind Eddie Galindo, Jack Lutz, Falk and Larson with a record time.
Larson had the other second-place finishes in the 200 free (1:47.27) and the 100 butterfly (54.61), another school record time.
Lutz was third in the 50 free (23.07) and Falk was fourth in both the 200 free (1:51.17) and fourth in the 100 fly (56.75).
Galindo in the 100 backstroke (57.29) and the 200 medley relay (1:46.47) behind Galindo, Michael Siverling, Falk and Larson both finished fourth.
Tosa, which hosted the New Berlin Marlins on Wednesday, will take part in the Woodland Conference Meet on Feb. 8 at Greenfield.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach sees plenty of positives
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team looking to compete in GMC
- Wauwatosa East spikers have happy ending despite rough journey
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team has plenty of talent back
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team rallies in fourth quarter
- Hudson walks away with top Wauwatosa West volleyball honors
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell