Tosa's Larson sets record in 500 freestyle
Hurricanes win dual meet, take fourth in invite
The Wauwatosa Hurricanes blew away St. Thomas More/St. Francis on Jan. 22 at home and then finished fourth at the Kenosha Bradford Invitational on Saturday.
The highlight of the win over the Cavs/Mariners was the performance of freshman Danny Larson, who won two individual events and was a member of a relay team.
Larson set a school record in the 500 freestyle, winning the event in 4 minutes, 53.51 seconds. He also won the 100 free (52.15) and was the second swimmer in the winning 200 medley relay (2:00.58) with John Bruckbauer, Joey Rampolla and Jonah Robison.
The Hurricanes' other two relay winners were the 200 free relay (1:41.51) of Edward Lei, Bruckbauer, Ryan Polasky and Robison and the 400 free relay (3:56.69) behind Jake Falk, Rampolla, Cal Hartt and Henry Lynch.
Falk was the other double individual winner in the 200 free (1:54.80) and 100 backstroke (1:02.10).
Other winners were Robison in the 50 free (25.47) and Noah Froh in the 100 butterfly (1:07.57).
The Hurricanes finished fourth (334) of 15 teams in the Bradford Red Devil Invitational on Saturday at Kenosha Bradford.
Franklin finished first with 436 points, followed by New Berlin (355) and Kenosha Tremper (343).
The three best finishes were second place.
The 200 free relay was second (1:29.72) behind Eddie Galindo, Jack Lutz, Falk and Larson with a record time.
Larson had the other second-place finishes in the 200 free (1:47.27) and the 100 butterfly (54.61), another school record time.
Lutz was third in the 50 free (23.07) and Falk was fourth in both the 200 free (1:51.17) and fourth in the 100 fly (56.75).
Galindo in the 100 backstroke (57.29) and the 200 medley relay (1:46.47) behind Galindo, Michael Siverling, Falk and Larson both finished fourth.
Tosa, which hosted the New Berlin Marlins on Wednesday, will take part in the Woodland Conference Meet on Feb. 8 at Greenfield.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season