Wauwatosa Hurricanes swim team captures three events
Team finishes third at Woodland Swim Relays
The Wauwatosa Hurricanes had their highest finish in five years at the Woodland Conference Relays on Dec. 11 at Cudahy.
Shorewood won the event (282 points) followed by New Berlin (238) and Tosa (226).
"Almost every one of our relays beat last year's relay time," coach Heidi Goetsch said. "This is the highest finish at conference relays that we have scored in more than five years.
"We are really pumped to continue with the rest of the season in hopes of repeating this third-place finish (or higher) at conference.
First-place finishers include the 400-yard medley relay of Eddie Galindo, Michael Siverling, Jack Lutz and Danny Larson (3 minutes, 55.04 seconds), the 300 backstroke relay consisting of Joey Rampolla, Lutz, Edward Lei and Galindo (2:55.34) and the 100 free relay consisting of Rampolla, Lutz, Galindo, and Larson (43.90).
The 100 medley relay of Rampella, Noah Froh, Ryan Polaski and Greg Holley (55.04) took second for the next-best performance.
The Hurricanes had two third-place finishes — the diving relay took third behind Kellen Moye, Avery Weishoff and Nathan Restyanski and the 200 free relay of Holley, Cal Hartt, Galindo and Jonah Robison (1:40.96).
The 300 breastroke relay (3:27.62) of Dylan Lennis, Siverling, Froh and Larson was fourth.
Dec. 11, at Cudahy
1. Shorewood (282), 2. New Berlin (238), 3. Wauwatosa (212), 4. Greenfield/Greendale (212), 5. Whitnall (188), 6. South Milwaukee (180), 7. Cudahy (104), 8.St. Thomas More/St. Francis (94), 9. Brown Deer/University School (78), 10. Pius XI (56)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Whitefish Bay girls win regional title for injured Jonas, 31-27
- Girls basketball: Tosa East falls short against Wisco
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West upsets Shorewood
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West