Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slow start hurts Wauwatosa East girls basketball in loss
- Wauwatosa West girls bring three-game basketball win streak
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball takes win streak into week
- Rockets pin loss on Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes swim team captures three events
- Former Wauwatosa East star nominated for Good Works Award
- Tosa wrestlers bring home three champions
- Sports Note: Dec. 12
- Tosa East girls basketball team seeing positive results early on
- Tosa West boys basketball team continues to roll