Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West
- New Berlin Eisenhower baseball team wins regional championship
- Wauwatosa Spartans to begin MidStates Football action
- Wauwatosa East beats Nicolet, loses to Packers in finale
- Belknapp, Veit give Wauwatosa West a solid battery combination