Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East kickers blank Tosa West, 2-0
- Wauwatosa West tennis team beat Ike, goes 3-0 in Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West's Schumacher loses pitchers' duel to Ike's Lombardo
- Wauwaatosa East girls win two more key GMC softball games
- Despite key injury, Homestead softball team keeps rolling
- Wauwatosa East kickers beat Hamilton, Homestead
- Wauwatosa golfers finish fourth in first two mini-meets
- Wauwatosa East netters put together 5-0 week
- Annual Tight End Camp set for June 17-18
- 6 Wauwatosa West girls tennis players earn Academic All-State honors