Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition