Wauwatosa East blew away Racine Park with a 26-2 run and ran off with a 61-37 opening night victory Friday night at home.
Leading 16-14, the Red Raiders closed out the first half with a 13-0 run. They opened the second half with a 7-0 run for a 20-0 streak. Nate Moore (7 points) and Derek Hurt (4 points, 2 assists) sparked the first-half run.
Moore finished with 17 points, while Ben Mihelich, right off the volleyball court, scored 13.
East's defense and passing stood out all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwtosa West girls volleyball team loses to Arrowhead in own title match
- Wauwatosa West boys volleyball team begins season 1-2
- Wauwatosa West boosters to host charity basketball game featuring former Packers
- Wauwatosa East kickers lose to MUHS, go 2-0 at Ashwaubenon quad
- Wauwatosa East boy spikers third in own invitational
- Wauwatosa East drops a 48-12 decision to Marquette
- Football: Poll: Will Wauwatosa West or Greendale win in Week 6 matchup?
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite