Both Natalie Schudrowitz and Jordy Schmidt finished among the top 35 runners at Saturday's WIAA state cross country meet at Ridges Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids.
Schudrowitz, a junior, finished 22nd with a school record time of 15 minutes, 5.60 seconds while Schmidt, a senior, finished 35th in 15:21.29.
Schudrowitz was 22nd in the first mile, running a 5:49 and 22nd in the second mile (6:09) showing excellent consistency in her first cross country meet.
"Natalie capped an outstanding season with a superb 22nd place," coach Glen Gardiner said. "She ran the fastest time ever for a Tosa East girl runner over the 4,000-meter distance at the state meet.
"Natalie has a lot to be excited for next year and her experience from this season will set her up for even better things next year. She led by example all year and I am proud of how well she ran this year."
Schmidt was 53rd in the first mile (6:02) and then stepped it up, running 34th in mile two (6:16).
"Jordy ran a gutsy race to her 35th-place finish," Gardiner said. "Jordy had a very successful four years at Tosa East and finished up her cross country career with a trip to state were she excelled and just missed her PR by a mere two seconds on the challenging course.
"Jordy was a true leader and helped both in the role of a captain and as one of our top runners."
Arrowhead won the event with 41 points, running away from second-place Neenah (70) and third-place Madison West (167).
In the individual race, senior McKaela Christenson of Baraboo finished first (14:12.65), beating out freshman Aubrey Roberts of Eau Claire Memorial (14:16.24) and junior Jackie Dubnicka of Arrowhead (14:24.05).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale