Wauwatosa East won the Silver Division of the Red Raider Invitational on Saturday at Tosa East.
Here is the breakdown of pool play.
Tosa East was 1-1 in Pool A, behind Middleton (2-0) and ahead of Pius XI (0-2).
Waukesha West won Pool B with a 2-0 mark, ahead of Racine Horlick (1-1) and Nicolet (0-2).
Finally in Pool C, Shorewood finished unbeaten (2-0) followed by Westosha Central (1-1) and Racine Park (0-2).
The Red Raiders advanced to the afternoon Silver Pool, where they finished 2-0 to win over Westosha Central (1-1) and Horlick (0-2).
Middleton (2-0) won the Gold Pool, followed by Waukesha West (1-1) and Shorewood (0-2).
The Bronze Division winner was Pius XI (2-0), followed by Nicolet (1-1) and Park (0-2).
The Red Raiders lost Morgan Griffith when he rolled his ankle. Mich Dillon, coming off a foot problem, played the first match and then sat out when his leg acted up.
"Mich looked great," Red Raiders coach John Simon said. "The rest of the day I felt I was driving a car with 2½ wheels. We did OK. We had to juggle the lineup, but we did end up winning the Silver Division."
Ben Plaisted had 54 kills, 16 digs and 3.5 blocks. Ben Mihelich had 33 kills, 15 digs and four aces. Mitch Wagner handed out 96 assists and John Murphy had 15 digs.
Tosa East is 8-3 on the year overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team bounces back for victory
- Wauwatosa East volleyball team wins thriller against Trojans
- Wauwatosa East soccer team ties second-ranked Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West football team blanks Vikings, earns playoff spot
- Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished second at the Purgold Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys volleyball team beats Cedarburg
- Wauwatosa West swimmers defeat Greendale
- Wauwatosa East, West girls cross-country teams finish third, fourth at Purgold Invitational
- Wauwatosa West girls tennis finishes second in Woodland Tennis Tournament
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games