Wauwatosa East won the Silver Division of the Red Raider Invitational on Saturday at Tosa East.
Here is the breakdown of pool play.
Tosa East was 1-1 in Pool A, behind Middleton (2-0) and ahead of Pius XI (0-2).
Waukesha West won Pool B with a 2-0 mark, ahead of Racine Horlick (1-1) and Nicolet (0-2).
Finally in Pool C, Shorewood finished unbeaten (2-0) followed by Westosha Central (1-1) and Racine Park (0-2).
The Red Raiders advanced to the afternoon Silver Pool, where they finished 2-0 to win over Westosha Central (1-1) and Horlick (0-2).
Middleton (2-0) won the Gold Pool, followed by Waukesha West (1-1) and Shorewood (0-2).
The Bronze Division winner was Pius XI (2-0), followed by Nicolet (1-1) and Park (0-2).
The Red Raiders lost Morgan Griffith when he rolled his ankle. Mich Dillon, coming off a foot problem, played the first match and then sat out when his leg acted up.
"Mich looked great," Red Raiders coach John Simon said. "The rest of the day I felt I was driving a car with 2½ wheels. We did OK. We had to juggle the lineup, but we did end up winning the Silver Division."
Ben Plaisted had 54 kills, 16 digs and 3.5 blocks. Ben Mihelich had 33 kills, 15 digs and four aces. Mitch Wagner handed out 96 assists and John Murphy had 15 digs.
Tosa East is 8-3 on the year overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M