After dropping two Woodland Conference matches to start the week, the Wauwatosa West girls finished third (4-1) in the Shorewood Invitational on Saturday.
The Trojans dropped a 3-0 decision (25-20, 25-23, 25-17) to Greendale on Sept. 4 to begin the week. Elise Ditscheit led the team with only six kills.
The Trojans then dropped a match to New Berlin Eisenhower, 3-1, (26-24, 17-25, 22-25, 17-25) at home on Sept. 6.
Andrea Hafemeister and Jillian Ditscheit led the team with 14 and 9 digs, respectively, and Emily Schaefer added strong back row defense. Elise Ditscheit led the team with 13 kills and 11 blocks, while Alantra Wright six blocks.
"Our young setters, Ali Stewart and Maddie Inman continue to share time and are showing nice growth in their roles,." coach Jerry Lahmann said.
In the first round of pool play on Saturday the Trojans beat University School (25-17, 25-21) and Waukesha South (21-25, 25-19, 15-10).
In the crossover round they beat Port Washington (25-10, 25-20) and Whitefish Bay (25-10, 17-25, 15-9) as the Trojans got some nice contributions from Molly Grennier and Natalya Summers.
Tosa West then lost to eventual tournament champs Shorewood in the semifinals (21-25, 24-26).
Elise Ditscheit led the team with 41 kills, 31 digs, and 16 blocks and Hafemeister took a new role on offense and had 20 kills to add to her team high 33 digs.
Jillian Ditscheit added 28 digs with nine aces. Sarah Mraz got great experience in her new role on defense, and teamed up Schaefer as a strong supporting cast defensively with 20 and 18 digs.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney