Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple continues to shine as she had two first-place finishes in a 123.5-62.5 loss at Menomonee Falls/Sussex Hamilton on Sept. 6 and two more at the Raider Invitational on Saturday.
Ripple won both the 100-yard butterfly in 1 minute, 3.13 seconds and the 500 freestyle (5:33.39) against Falls and took first in the 200 IM (2:14.46) and the 100 breaststroke (1:08.76) at Saturday's invite.
Other top-three finishers at the invite were Maggie Van Meter, second in 1-meter diving (297.90) and Jenny Busalacchi, Ripple, Hannah Wallenkamp and Erica Kalberer placed third in the 200 free relay (1:53.54).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell
- Hamill excited about Wauwatosa East's experience
- Kelnhofer earns All-GMC honors, Team MVP
- Meylor named Wauwatosa West's MVP for tennis
- Boys volleyball: Early momentum doesn't stay with Tosa East
- All you need to know about the state volleyball tournament