Wauwatosa East freshman Celia Ripple continues to shine as she had two first-place finishes in a 123.5-62.5 loss at Menomonee Falls/Sussex Hamilton on Sept. 6 and two more at the Raider Invitational on Saturday.
Ripple won both the 100-yard butterfly in 1 minute, 3.13 seconds and the 500 freestyle (5:33.39) against Falls and took first in the 200 IM (2:14.46) and the 100 breaststroke (1:08.76) at Saturday's invite.
Other top-three finishers at the invite were Maggie Van Meter, second in 1-meter diving (297.90) and Jenny Busalacchi, Ripple, Hannah Wallenkamp and Erica Kalberer placed third in the 200 free relay (1:53.54).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19