Dan Gagne and Steffen Urich finished in the top eight runners as the Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished fourth out of 10 teams at the Highlander Classic on Friday at Tendick Park.
Wisconsin Lutheran won the event with 69 points, ahead of Shorewood (91), Sheboygan North (98) and Tosa East (102).
Gagne finished third in 16 minutes, 6 seconds behind Brookfield Central's Carl Hirsch (15:46) and Wauwatosa West's Patrick Campbell (16:02). Uhrich was eighth in 16:41.
R.J. Salmon just missed finishing in the top 10, taking 11th place in 17:13.
Rounding out Tosa East's top five were Jack Lockhart (39th, 18:12) and Clayton Ristow (41st, 18:19).
Brookfield Central (104) and Homestead (104) finished right behind the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Wraps: volleyball; cross country; soccer; golf
- Greendale turns to run to beat Wauwatosa West Trojans
- Wauwatosa East's offense has best outing of year
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins second straight Woodland title
- Wauwatosa West swimmers finish fourth at Woodland
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years