Dan Gagne and Steffen Urich finished in the top eight runners as the Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished fourth out of 10 teams at the Highlander Classic on Friday at Tendick Park.
Wisconsin Lutheran won the event with 69 points, ahead of Shorewood (91), Sheboygan North (98) and Tosa East (102).
Gagne finished third in 16 minutes, 6 seconds behind Brookfield Central's Carl Hirsch (15:46) and Wauwatosa West's Patrick Campbell (16:02). Uhrich was eighth in 16:41.
R.J. Salmon just missed finishing in the top 10, taking 11th place in 17:13.
Rounding out Tosa East's top five were Jack Lockhart (39th, 18:12) and Clayton Ristow (41st, 18:19).
Brookfield Central (104) and Homestead (104) finished right behind the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: April 24
- McLin leads talented young Trojans
- Treatment Trail fundraiser is June 14 to 22
- Trojans netters look to compete
- 3 former West volleyball players win national club championship
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season