Dan Gagne and Steffen Urich finished in the top eight runners as the Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished fourth out of 10 teams at the Highlander Classic on Friday at Tendick Park.
Wisconsin Lutheran won the event with 69 points, ahead of Shorewood (91), Sheboygan North (98) and Tosa East (102).
Gagne finished third in 16 minutes, 6 seconds behind Brookfield Central's Carl Hirsch (15:46) and Wauwatosa West's Patrick Campbell (16:02). Uhrich was eighth in 16:41.
R.J. Salmon just missed finishing in the top 10, taking 11th place in 17:13.
Rounding out Tosa East's top five were Jack Lockhart (39th, 18:12) and Clayton Ristow (41st, 18:19).
Brookfield Central (104) and Homestead (104) finished right behind the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West baseball coach sees improved pitching and defense ahead
- Wauwatosa East baseball swinging for consistency
- Wauwatosa West softball team edges Tosa East in thriller
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 23
- SportsShorts: May 23
- Wauwatosa West girls track and field team wins West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East's Pridgeon wins both hurdle events at West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East girls track and field team send a dozen to sectional
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team sends 15 to sectionals
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week