Dan Gagne and Steffen Urich finished in the top eight runners as the Wauwatosa East boys cross country team finished fourth out of 10 teams at the Highlander Classic on Friday at Tendick Park.
Wisconsin Lutheran won the event with 69 points, ahead of Shorewood (91), Sheboygan North (98) and Tosa East (102).
Gagne finished third in 16 minutes, 6 seconds behind Brookfield Central's Carl Hirsch (15:46) and Wauwatosa West's Patrick Campbell (16:02). Uhrich was eighth in 16:41.
R.J. Salmon just missed finishing in the top 10, taking 11th place in 17:13.
Rounding out Tosa East's top five were Jack Lockhart (39th, 18:12) and Clayton Ristow (41st, 18:19).
Brookfield Central (104) and Homestead (104) finished right behind the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West
- Falls defeats Tosa at team sectional
- Wheeler's free throws help Wauwatosa East boys upset Shorewood
- Boys basketball: East's Wheeler's free throws lead to upset of Shorewood