Although the Wauwatosa East girls swimming and diving team dropped their Greater Metro Conference opener at Brookfield Central, 137-47, on Aug. 29, freshman sensation Celia Ripple won two events for Red Raiders.
Ripple won both the 200-yard freestyle in 2 minutes, 1.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke in 1:03.21.
Junior Margie Van Meter placed second in 1-meter diving (155.80) and junior Jenny Busalacchi was second in the 500 free (6:16.67).
Rounding out the top-three performances was freshman Erica Kalberer third in individual medley (2:33.59).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record
- Wauwatosa West girls struggle against Woodland West leaders
- Wauwatosa East girls look to turn around losing stretch