Although the Wauwatosa East girls swimming and diving team dropped their Greater Metro Conference opener at Brookfield Central, 137-47, on Aug. 29, freshman sensation Celia Ripple won two events for Red Raiders.
Ripple won both the 200-yard freestyle in 2 minutes, 1.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke in 1:03.21.
Junior Margie Van Meter placed second in 1-meter diving (155.80) and junior Jenny Busalacchi was second in the 500 free (6:16.67).
Rounding out the top-three performances was freshman Erica Kalberer third in individual medley (2:33.59).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27
- Wauwatosa wrestlers claim Cougar Invitational