Although the Wauwatosa East girls swimming and diving team dropped their Greater Metro Conference opener at Brookfield Central, 137-47, on Aug. 29, freshman sensation Celia Ripple won two events for Red Raiders.
Ripple won both the 200-yard freestyle in 2 minutes, 1.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke in 1:03.21.
Junior Margie Van Meter placed second in 1-meter diving (155.80) and junior Jenny Busalacchi was second in the 500 free (6:16.67).
Rounding out the top-three performances was freshman Erica Kalberer third in individual medley (2:33.59).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19
- 27 points from Bryce Beekman of Wauwatosa East boys basketball sparks win