Although the Wauwatosa East girls swimming and diving team dropped their Greater Metro Conference opener at Brookfield Central, 137-47, on Aug. 29, freshman sensation Celia Ripple won two events for Red Raiders.
Ripple won both the 200-yard freestyle in 2 minutes, 1.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke in 1:03.21.
Junior Margie Van Meter placed second in 1-meter diving (155.80) and junior Jenny Busalacchi was second in the 500 free (6:16.67).
Rounding out the top-three performances was freshman Erica Kalberer third in individual medley (2:33.59).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baun wins three events as Brown Deer trackmen third in Woodland
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team loses heartbreaker to Brookfield East
- Wauwatosa East whips West 11-1 at Helfaer Field
- Wauwatosa West girls win 21st Woodland Championship
- Wauwatosa East returns nine letter winners on the diamond
- Jacksons of Wauwatosa West earn two first-place finishes
- Wauwatosa West's Price wins No. 1 singles championship at Woodland tennis tourney
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays