A surprising Wauwatosa West football team blew away Whitnall, 46-15, on Friday at West.
The win improved the Trojans record to 2-0, with 96 points scored in those two games.
Mickey Morgan got the Trojans on the board with a 20-yard TD run at 10:17 of the first period and then intercepted a pass and raced in from 45 yards out for a 14-0 lead with 8:32 left in the first quarter.
Jarod Morzinski then tossed a 21-yard TD pass to Develyn Ferguson for a 20-0 lead at 9:13 of the second period.
After Whitnall QB Zach Sutton ran for a 5-yard TD and Sam Mentkowski grabbed the 2-point conversion to cut the lead to 20-8 with 7:50 left in the half, running back Jameson Brock raced down the left sideline, weaved in and out of traffic two or three times and scored a 92-yard TD run for a 26-8 lead with 4:53 left in the half.
With 2:52 left in the third quarter, Morzinski scored on a quarterback sneak, following a great 32-yard run by running back Greg Lewis for a 33-8 lead.
In the fourth period, Lewis scored on a 32-yard run, and Demaris Purifoy scored on a 16-yard run to wrap up the West scoring.
Sutton tossed a 70-yatd TD to Mentkowski against the West reserves to end the scoring with 4:09 left to play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale
- Wauwatosa East's Vitrano steps down after 17 years as athletic director
- Wauwatosa East baseball team rallies for naught in GMC tournament
- Wauwatosa West comes into week with 4-game loss streak