A surprising Wauwatosa West football team blew away Whitnall, 46-15, on Friday at West.
The win improved the Trojans record to 2-0, with 96 points scored in those two games.
Mickey Morgan got the Trojans on the board with a 20-yard TD run at 10:17 of the first period and then intercepted a pass and raced in from 45 yards out for a 14-0 lead with 8:32 left in the first quarter.
Jarod Morzinski then tossed a 21-yard TD pass to Develyn Ferguson for a 20-0 lead at 9:13 of the second period.
After Whitnall QB Zach Sutton ran for a 5-yard TD and Sam Mentkowski grabbed the 2-point conversion to cut the lead to 20-8 with 7:50 left in the half, running back Jameson Brock raced down the left sideline, weaved in and out of traffic two or three times and scored a 92-yard TD run for a 26-8 lead with 4:53 left in the half.
With 2:52 left in the third quarter, Morzinski scored on a quarterback sneak, following a great 32-yard run by running back Greg Lewis for a 33-8 lead.
In the fourth period, Lewis scored on a 32-yard run, and Demaris Purifoy scored on a 16-yard run to wrap up the West scoring.
Sutton tossed a 70-yatd TD to Mentkowski against the West reserves to end the scoring with 4:09 left to play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: April 24
- McLin leads talented young Trojans
- Treatment Trail fundraiser is June 14 to 22
- Trojans netters look to compete
- 3 former West volleyball players win national club championship
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season