A surprising Wauwatosa West football team blew away Whitnall, 46-15, on Friday at West.
The win improved the Trojans record to 2-0, with 96 points scored in those two games.
Mickey Morgan got the Trojans on the board with a 20-yard TD run at 10:17 of the first period and then intercepted a pass and raced in from 45 yards out for a 14-0 lead with 8:32 left in the first quarter.
Jarod Morzinski then tossed a 21-yard TD pass to Develyn Ferguson for a 20-0 lead at 9:13 of the second period.
After Whitnall QB Zach Sutton ran for a 5-yard TD and Sam Mentkowski grabbed the 2-point conversion to cut the lead to 20-8 with 7:50 left in the half, running back Jameson Brock raced down the left sideline, weaved in and out of traffic two or three times and scored a 92-yard TD run for a 26-8 lead with 4:53 left in the half.
With 2:52 left in the third quarter, Morzinski scored on a quarterback sneak, following a great 32-yard run by running back Greg Lewis for a 33-8 lead.
In the fourth period, Lewis scored on a 32-yard run, and Demaris Purifoy scored on a 16-yard run to wrap up the West scoring.
Sutton tossed a 70-yatd TD to Mentkowski against the West reserves to end the scoring with 4:09 left to play.
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016