Lindstrom has superb season
West sophomore earns honorable mention honor on NOW All-Suburban Team
Although Wauwatosa West had only one person receive honorable mention on the 2012 NOW Newspapers All-Suburban Softball Team, look for the name Ashley Lindstrom in the next couple of seasons.
Lindstrom is an outstanding softball player who was one of the top hitters in the Woodland Conference Black Division. In fact, the sophomore received second-team all-Black Division honors.
"She had an incredible season, as you can see," Tosa West coach Ed Raue said. "If she plays any other position, we are discussing her as one of the area's best but because she pitches, we have room for improvement."
Because of the Trojans' dearth of talent, Lindstrom, being the athlete that she is, is Raue's best pitcher. But the bottom line is Lindstrom stands out with a bat in her hand, not on the mound.
"Milwaukee King played four outfielders when she came up," Raue said. "And she still homered and doubled; she's amazing."
Lindstrom batted .447 with a .517 on-base percentage and an .829 slugging mark and a 1.346 OPS (OBP/SLUG). She had 63 total bases, with four doubles, five triples and five home runs, and she drove in 38 runs.
"Her one caveat on the mound was that she threw every inning except two," Raue said. "That is impressive. We had some great individual seasons but nothing like the historic season Ashley Lindstrom had."
She was first in homers and RBIs, third in triples and total bases and fourth in hits (34) in the Woodland Conference Black Division.
"These numbers are incredible for any player, in any league and on any team," Raue said. "She is a hitter playing pitcher, but one that is working very hard at becoming a complete player."
Raue loves her work ethic.
"Ashley is someone who works tirelessly on her game.," he said. "She leaves practice to go to her pitching coach, at least four times a week.
"She loves this game and her teammates need to find some of the same drive, because if they do, our program will have great success."
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team