West uses 13-run inning to beat Northstars, 17-1
Wins first game of Wood Bat Tournament
Wauwatosa West exploded for 13 runs in the fourth inning and rolled to an impressive 17-1 victory over host Waukesha North (3-12) on Saturday morning in the annual Wood Bat Tournament at Frame Park.
Leading 4-1 after scoring twice in the first two innings, the Trojans (6-7) sent 17 hitters to the plate in the fourth inning to blow away the Northstars, who commited 6 errors in the inning.
West banged out six hits in the inning, as Ben Zachman had a 2-run double, Willie Bellknap had an RBI-single, Austin Jones a 2-run double and Mickey Morgan an RBI double to highlight the inning.
JJ Belknapp, who had a double and a triple, pitched a 5-inning complete game, allowing 3 hits, a walk while fanning three.
The title game was set for 5:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games
- Wauwatosa West football whips Pius XI in wild scoring affair
- Tosa West boys split two matches
- East kickers tie, lose, win during busy week
- Tosa East girls take third at Bay Invitational
- East's Potter finishes second at Nikolai Invite
- Wauwatosa Sports Shorts Oct. 1
- Tosa fourth in GMC golf standings
- Comiskey's hat trick leads Bay soccer team past Tosa East, 5-1
- Bucks set Fanfest for Oct. 3