West uses 13-run inning to beat Northstars, 17-1
Wins first game of Wood Bat Tournament
Wauwatosa West exploded for 13 runs in the fourth inning and rolled to an impressive 17-1 victory over host Waukesha North (3-12) on Saturday morning in the annual Wood Bat Tournament at Frame Park.
Leading 4-1 after scoring twice in the first two innings, the Trojans (6-7) sent 17 hitters to the plate in the fourth inning to blow away the Northstars, who commited 6 errors in the inning.
West banged out six hits in the inning, as Ben Zachman had a 2-run double, Willie Bellknap had an RBI-single, Austin Jones a 2-run double and Mickey Morgan an RBI double to highlight the inning.
JJ Belknapp, who had a double and a triple, pitched a 5-inning complete game, allowing 3 hits, a walk while fanning three.
The title game was set for 5:30 p.m.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season