Wauwatosa West girls coach Jack LoPresti had three girls compete at the WIAA State Track & Field Championship at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Shannon Wilson finished 11th in the long jump with a leap of 16 feet, 7 inches. In the other field event, senior Zaina Lalk finished 24th in the shot put with a toss of 33-4¾.
Sophomore Elise Ditscheit finished 22nd in the 400-meters in 1 minute, 1.81 seconds.
"Elise got some great experience in the 400 dash," LoPresti said. "Zaina was able to throw at state which was a great accomplishment for her as she has thrown for just two years and Shannon Wilson had a solid outing in the long jump."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19