Wauwatosa West girls coach Jack LoPresti had three girls compete at the WIAA State Track & Field Championship at Memorial Stadium at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse on Friday and Saturday.
Junior Shannon Wilson finished 11th in the long jump with a leap of 16 feet, 7 inches. In the other field event, senior Zaina Lalk finished 24th in the shot put with a toss of 33-4¾.
Sophomore Elise Ditscheit finished 22nd in the 400-meters in 1 minute, 1.81 seconds.
"Elise got some great experience in the 400 dash," LoPresti said. "Zaina was able to throw at state which was a great accomplishment for her as she has thrown for just two years and Shannon Wilson had a solid outing in the long jump."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post three top-10 finishes at Nelson Daniel invite
- Wauwatosa West boasts young but experienced kickers