As part of Coaches vs. Cancer Week, the Wauwatosa West girls soccer team is having a fundraiser Thursday for their Woodland Conference match against New Berlin West at Whitman Field.
Stas Stadler, the father of Tosa West's Anna, Tim and Andrew, has entered a hospice and the team is having a fundraiser for the family.
There have been 1,100 bracelets and T-shirts ordered and fans are encouraged to wear yellow that night.
"This family has meant the world to Tosa West and they are the true spirit of our program," Tosa West coach Jon Gulrajani said.
With yellow being the color for bladder cancer awareness, the Trojans are selling yellow bracelets that say 'TW Soccer for Stas' for $2 and yellow T-shirts with a logo designed for this event for $10.
The Trojans will wear yellow jerseys that will be auctioned off following the match in addition to other silent auction items that may be bid on throughout the match. There will be a get-together at O'Sullivan's Public House on 126th and North Avenue following the match. A portion of the money spent at O'Sullivan's will be donated to the Stadler family.
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016