As part of Coaches vs. Cancer Week, the Wauwatosa West girls soccer team is having a fundraiser Thursday for their Woodland Conference match against New Berlin West at Whitman Field.
Stas Stadler, the father of Tosa West's Anna, Tim and Andrew, has entered a hospice and the team is having a fundraiser for the family.
There have been 1,100 bracelets and T-shirts ordered and fans are encouraged to wear yellow that night.
"This family has meant the world to Tosa West and they are the true spirit of our program," Tosa West coach Jon Gulrajani said.
With yellow being the color for bladder cancer awareness, the Trojans are selling yellow bracelets that say 'TW Soccer for Stas' for $2 and yellow T-shirts with a logo designed for this event for $10.
The Trojans will wear yellow jerseys that will be auctioned off following the match in addition to other silent auction items that may be bid on throughout the match. There will be a get-together at O'Sullivan's Public House on 126th and North Avenue following the match. A portion of the money spent at O'Sullivan's will be donated to the Stadler family.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach sees plenty of positives
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team looking to compete in GMC
- Wauwatosa East spikers have happy ending despite rough journey
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team has plenty of talent back
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team rallies in fourth quarter
- Hudson walks away with top Wauwatosa West volleyball honors
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell