Jenny Ciriacks, a freshman from Wauwatosa West, played on the Marquette University club volleyball Gold team that finished third at the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation championships, held April 5 to 7 in Kansas City, Mo.
Marquette came into the tournament ranked No. 1 in the country with a 37-1 game record, and beat tough teams like Minnesota and Texas before losing to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the semifinals.
Ciriacks, who is the team's starting outside hitter, was named an All-American along with three of her teammates.
"I've never had a freshman come in and play that well and that composed," Marquette's 16-year coach Anne Pufahl said of Ciriacks. "Jenny played like she's been on the team for years."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys go 3-1 at Racine Park invite
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers