Jenny Ciriacks, a freshman from Wauwatosa West, played on the Marquette University club volleyball Gold team that finished third at the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation championships, held April 5 to 7 in Kansas City, Mo.
Marquette came into the tournament ranked No. 1 in the country with a 37-1 game record, and beat tough teams like Minnesota and Texas before losing to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the semifinals.
Ciriacks, who is the team's starting outside hitter, was named an All-American along with three of her teammates.
"I've never had a freshman come in and play that well and that composed," Marquette's 16-year coach Anne Pufahl said of Ciriacks. "Jenny played like she's been on the team for years."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27