Jenny Ciriacks, a freshman from Wauwatosa West, played on the Marquette University club volleyball Gold team that finished third at the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation championships, held April 5 to 7 in Kansas City, Mo.
Marquette came into the tournament ranked No. 1 in the country with a 37-1 game record, and beat tough teams like Minnesota and Texas before losing to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the semifinals.
Ciriacks, who is the team's starting outside hitter, was named an All-American along with three of her teammates.
"I've never had a freshman come in and play that well and that composed," Marquette's 16-year coach Anne Pufahl said of Ciriacks. "Jenny played like she's been on the team for years."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games
- Wauwatosa West football whips Pius XI in wild scoring affair
- Tosa West boys split two matches
- East kickers tie, lose, win during busy week
- Tosa East girls take third at Bay Invitational
- East's Potter finishes second at Nikolai Invite
- Wauwatosa Sports Shorts Oct. 1
- Tosa fourth in GMC golf standings
- Comiskey's hat trick leads Bay soccer team past Tosa East, 5-1
- Bucks set Fanfest for Oct. 3