Jenny Ciriacks, a freshman from Wauwatosa West, played on the Marquette University club volleyball Gold team that finished third at the National Collegiate Volleyball Federation championships, held April 5 to 7 in Kansas City, Mo.
Marquette came into the tournament ranked No. 1 in the country with a 37-1 game record, and beat tough teams like Minnesota and Texas before losing to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the semifinals.
Ciriacks, who is the team's starting outside hitter, was named an All-American along with three of her teammates.
"I've never had a freshman come in and play that well and that composed," Marquette's 16-year coach Anne Pufahl said of Ciriacks. "Jenny played like she's been on the team for years."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19
- 27 points from Bryce Beekman of Wauwatosa East boys basketball sparks win
- Wauwatosa qualifies 13 wrestlers for sectional
- Woodland giants beat Wauwatosa West boys