The Elmbrook Youth Hockey organization is hosting their first Pee Wee (2B) state tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Ponds of Brookfield.
Teams represented include De Pere, Janesville, Kenosha, Eagle River, Southeastern Wisconsin/Milwaukee County, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie and Elmbrook.
The Elmbrook team was 11-1 in conference play and includes players aged 11-12 from Brookfield, Elm Grove, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls and Sussex.
Elmbrook's first game is 8 a.m. Saturday against De Pere. Results and further game times will be posted at the Ponds Ice Arena and available at elmbrookyouthhockey.org.
An admission is charged for entry. The tournament also includes a Brat Fry and extensive raffle items including a signed Aaron Rodgers jersey, a 42-inch TV and many pieces of signed hockey memorabilia. Each game also includes the popular "chuck-a-puck" 50/50 event.
Information will also be available at the rink on how to get your youth involved in hockey. Parents are also encouraged to visit elmbrookyouthhockey.org or call Eric Hersback at 262-345-5016 for any assistance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale
- Wauwatosa East's Vitrano steps down after 17 years as athletic director
- Wauwatosa East baseball team rallies for naught in GMC tournament
- Wauwatosa West comes into week with 4-game loss streak
- Wauwatosa East's Schmanski earns Now All-Suburban softball honors