The Elmbrook Youth Hockey organization is hosting their first Pee Wee (2B) state tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Ponds of Brookfield.
Teams represented include De Pere, Janesville, Kenosha, Eagle River, Southeastern Wisconsin/Milwaukee County, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie and Elmbrook.
The Elmbrook team was 11-1 in conference play and includes players aged 11-12 from Brookfield, Elm Grove, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls and Sussex.
Elmbrook's first game is 8 a.m. Saturday against De Pere. Results and further game times will be posted at the Ponds Ice Arena and available at elmbrookyouthhockey.org.
An admission is charged for entry. The tournament also includes a Brat Fry and extensive raffle items including a signed Aaron Rodgers jersey, a 42-inch TV and many pieces of signed hockey memorabilia. Each game also includes the popular "chuck-a-puck" 50/50 event.
Information will also be available at the rink on how to get your youth involved in hockey. Parents are also encouraged to visit elmbrookyouthhockey.org or call Eric Hersback at 262-345-5016 for any assistance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West baseball coach sees improved pitching and defense ahead
- Wauwatosa East baseball swinging for consistency
- Wauwatosa West softball team edges Tosa East in thriller
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 23
- SportsShorts: May 23
- Wauwatosa West girls track and field team wins West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East's Pridgeon wins both hurdle events at West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East girls track and field team send a dozen to sectional
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team sends 15 to sectionals
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week