The Wauwatosa Hurricanes' only state representative at the WIAA State Boys Swimming & Diving Meet on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Natatorium didn't make it to the semifinals.
Junior Tony Benz finished 22nd in the preliminaries with a score of 140.95.
"I felt Tony did very well," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "I am very proud of him. He said at the end of last year's season that his goal was to make it to state.
"Since then he has been working towards that goal and succeeded. Next year his goal is to break our school record and place at state."
Junior Andrew Suchla of Racine Park won the state title with 455.40 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys go 3-1 at Racine Park invite
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers