The Wauwatosa Hurricanes' only state representative at the WIAA State Boys Swimming & Diving Meet on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Natatorium didn't make it to the semifinals.
Junior Tony Benz finished 22nd in the preliminaries with a score of 140.95.
"I felt Tony did very well," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "I am very proud of him. He said at the end of last year's season that his goal was to make it to state.
"Since then he has been working towards that goal and succeeded. Next year his goal is to break our school record and place at state."
Junior Andrew Suchla of Racine Park won the state title with 455.40 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- Despite loss, Wauwatosa East's defense continues to shine
- Wauwatosa West football team beats Grafton to start season 2-0 once again
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team takes second at Early Bird tournament
- Wauwatosa West boys soccer team goes 1-1-1 at Muskego Quad
- Wauwatosa West girls tennis team nips Vikings
- Wauwatosa East boys soccer team get off to 2-0 start
- Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team has good week
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things