The Wauwatosa Hurricanes' only state representative at the WIAA State Boys Swimming & Diving Meet on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Natatorium didn't make it to the semifinals.
Junior Tony Benz finished 22nd in the preliminaries with a score of 140.95.
"I felt Tony did very well," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "I am very proud of him. He said at the end of last year's season that his goal was to make it to state.
"Since then he has been working towards that goal and succeeded. Next year his goal is to break our school record and place at state."
Junior Andrew Suchla of Racine Park won the state title with 455.40 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent
- Wauwatosa East netters to have rebuilding season
- Meylor ready to lead Wauwatosa West netters
- Wauwatosa Spartans of the Mid-States league beat Chicago Thunder
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy one of state's top backs
- Ravenola takes over Wauwatosa girls golf reins
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Aug. 14
- Three Red Raiders doing well with Wisconsin All-Stars