The Wauwatosa Hurricanes' only state representative at the WIAA State Boys Swimming & Diving Meet on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Natatorium didn't make it to the semifinals.
Junior Tony Benz finished 22nd in the preliminaries with a score of 140.95.
"I felt Tony did very well," Hurricanes coach Heidi Goetsch said. "I am very proud of him. He said at the end of last year's season that his goal was to make it to state.
"Since then he has been working towards that goal and succeeded. Next year his goal is to break our school record and place at state."
Junior Andrew Suchla of Racine Park won the state title with 455.40 points.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets