Brookfield Central beat Wauwatosa East boys team, 60-50, Friday night at home and improved to 10-3 in the Greater Metro Conference and 16-5 overall.
Seth Mortag, who scored 10 of his 15 points in the third period, helped the Lancers to a 43-35 lead through three quarters. Riley LaChance led Central with 21 points, as both players picked up their second foul with three minutes left in the first quarter and didn't play their usual minutes. Nate Rohde (9 points) and Nick Olson (8 points) helped pick up the slack.
Tosa East, playing without Anthony Carroll and Marquise Carter who were lost for year because of an athletic code violation, were short-handed, but still kept battling the Lancers until the end of the game.
Ben Carpenter led East with 14 points, including four 3-pointers, nine coming in the third period which kept his team in the game. Diamonte McKinley scored 13 points, including six in the fourth quarter.
East fell to 8-5 with a 13-8 record overall.
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Seventh-inning rally sparks Wauwatosa East over West, 5-4
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team stays hot
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball snaps skid with wins over Eisenhower
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season