Brookfield Central beat Wauwatosa East boys team, 60-50, Friday night at home and improved to 10-3 in the Greater Metro Conference and 16-5 overall.
Seth Mortag, who scored 10 of his 15 points in the third period, helped the Lancers to a 43-35 lead through three quarters. Riley LaChance led Central with 21 points, as both players picked up their second foul with three minutes left in the first quarter and didn't play their usual minutes. Nate Rohde (9 points) and Nick Olson (8 points) helped pick up the slack.
Tosa East, playing without Anthony Carroll and Marquise Carter who were lost for year because of an athletic code violation, were short-handed, but still kept battling the Lancers until the end of the game.
Ben Carpenter led East with 14 points, including four 3-pointers, nine coming in the third period which kept his team in the game. Diamonte McKinley scored 13 points, including six in the fourth quarter.
East fell to 8-5 with a 13-8 record overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football
- Poll: Who will win the Battle of Wauwatosa: West or East?
- Tosa East football team trying to overcome injuries
- Wauwatosa West's Bailey sees kickers as Woodland contenders
- Wauwatosa East Red Raiders return outstanding talent
- Wauwatosa East netters to have rebuilding season
- Meylor ready to lead Wauwatosa West netters
- Wauwatosa Spartans of the Mid-States league beat Chicago Thunder
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy one of state's top backs