Anthony Carroll came through big time with the game on the line and Wauwatosa East beat Wisconsin Lutheran, 53-44, in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School on Saturday afternoon.
Carroll scored 18 points, all in the second half, including 11 in the final quarter as the Red Raiders rallied from a 22-15 half-time deficit.
Carrollo and Marquise Carter each scored seven points in the third quarter as East came within 35-34, going in the final period. They then outscored the Vikings, 19-9, the rest of the way.
Carter finished with 10 points for Tosa East and Bryce Kratzer and Nate Moore added six each.
Tosa East is now 4-0, 2-0 in league play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale
- Wauwatosa East's Vitrano steps down after 17 years as athletic director
- Wauwatosa East baseball team rallies for naught in GMC tournament
- Wauwatosa West comes into week with 4-game loss streak