Anthony Carroll came through big time with the game on the line and Wauwatosa East beat Wisconsin Lutheran, 53-44, in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School on Saturday afternoon.
Carroll scored 18 points, all in the second half, including 11 in the final quarter as the Red Raiders rallied from a 22-15 half-time deficit.
Carrollo and Marquise Carter each scored seven points in the third quarter as East came within 35-34, going in the final period. They then outscored the Vikings, 19-9, the rest of the way.
Carter finished with 10 points for Tosa East and Bryce Kratzer and Nate Moore added six each.
Tosa East is now 4-0, 2-0 in league play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M