Anthony Carroll came through big time with the game on the line and Wauwatosa East beat Wisconsin Lutheran, 53-44, in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School on Saturday afternoon.
Carroll scored 18 points, all in the second half, including 11 in the final quarter as the Red Raiders rallied from a 22-15 half-time deficit.
Carrollo and Marquise Carter each scored seven points in the third quarter as East came within 35-34, going in the final period. They then outscored the Vikings, 19-9, the rest of the way.
Carter finished with 10 points for Tosa East and Bryce Kratzer and Nate Moore added six each.
Tosa East is now 4-0, 2-0 in league play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West baseball coach sees improved pitching and defense ahead
- Wauwatosa East baseball swinging for consistency
- Wauwatosa West softball team edges Tosa East in thriller
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: May 23
- SportsShorts: May 23
- Wauwatosa West girls track and field team wins West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East's Pridgeon wins both hurdle events at West Allis Central Regional
- Wauwatosa East girls track and field team send a dozen to sectional
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team sends 15 to sectionals
- Red Raiders girls soccer had red-hot week