Anthony Carroll came through big time with the game on the line and Wauwatosa East beat Wisconsin Lutheran, 53-44, in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School on Saturday afternoon.
Carroll scored 18 points, all in the second half, including 11 in the final quarter as the Red Raiders rallied from a 22-15 half-time deficit.
Carrollo and Marquise Carter each scored seven points in the third quarter as East came within 35-34, going in the final period. They then outscored the Vikings, 19-9, the rest of the way.
Carter finished with 10 points for Tosa East and Bryce Kratzer and Nate Moore added six each.
Tosa East is now 4-0, 2-0 in league play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preps Alcove: A look at this year's landscape for Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa East's complete performance not enough against Spartans
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West holds off hard-charging Greenfield team
- Boys swimming: Larson's two wins lead Wauwatosa at Kenosha Bradford swimming invite
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume