Anthony Carroll came through big time with the game on the line and Wauwatosa East beat Wisconsin Lutheran, 53-44, in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School on Saturday afternoon.
Carroll scored 18 points, all in the second half, including 11 in the final quarter as the Red Raiders rallied from a 22-15 half-time deficit.
Carrollo and Marquise Carter each scored seven points in the third quarter as East came within 35-34, going in the final period. They then outscored the Vikings, 19-9, the rest of the way.
Carter finished with 10 points for Tosa East and Bryce Kratzer and Nate Moore added six each.
Tosa East is now 4-0, 2-0 in league play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell
- Hamill excited about Wauwatosa East's experience
- Kelnhofer earns All-GMC honors, Team MVP
- Meylor named Wauwatosa West's MVP for tennis
- Boys volleyball: Early momentum doesn't stay with Tosa East
- All you need to know about the state volleyball tournament