Lexi Utech, one of four seniors on this year's Wauwatosa West swimming and diving team, was named the Trojans Most Valuable Swimmer.
Utech, a team captain, was a state qualifier in the backstroke and individual medley, finishing fourth and 11th, respectively.
She set school records in the 100-yard back (58.28 seconds) and the 200 IM (2 minutes, 14.44 seconds) and on the anchor leg of the state-qualifying 400 freestyle relay.
Joining Utech in their final season were seniors Alex Lindstrom, Amilia Forsmo and Monica Wojnowiak.
Lindstrom was a sprint freestyler, Forsmo was a diver, and Wojnowiak, a captain, was a distance freestyler and a state alternate for the 400 free relay.
Freshman backstroker Gina Kautzer was named the Trojans' Most Improved Swimmer and freshman Anna Larson won the Swim of the Year award when she set a school record in the 200 free (1:57.44).
She also set a school record in the 500 free (5:22.43), was a state qualifier in the 100 free and the 200 free and the lead-off swimmer on the 400 free relay.
The 'Eye of the Porpeii' Award for the best relay swimmer went to Alli Welsh, who missed qualifying for state by only .7 seconds in the 100 back.
The Trojans were the Woodland Conference Relay Champions, Packer Relay Champions, South Milwaukee Relay Champions and conference runner-ups, losing by only eight points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team