Lexi Utech, one of four seniors on this year's Wauwatosa West swimming and diving team, was named the Trojans Most Valuable Swimmer.
Utech, a team captain, was a state qualifier in the backstroke and individual medley, finishing fourth and 11th, respectively.
She set school records in the 100-yard back (58.28 seconds) and the 200 IM (2 minutes, 14.44 seconds) and on the anchor leg of the state-qualifying 400 freestyle relay.
Joining Utech in their final season were seniors Alex Lindstrom, Amilia Forsmo and Monica Wojnowiak.
Lindstrom was a sprint freestyler, Forsmo was a diver, and Wojnowiak, a captain, was a distance freestyler and a state alternate for the 400 free relay.
Freshman backstroker Gina Kautzer was named the Trojans' Most Improved Swimmer and freshman Anna Larson won the Swim of the Year award when she set a school record in the 200 free (1:57.44).
She also set a school record in the 500 free (5:22.43), was a state qualifier in the 100 free and the 200 free and the lead-off swimmer on the 400 free relay.
The 'Eye of the Porpeii' Award for the best relay swimmer went to Alli Welsh, who missed qualifying for state by only .7 seconds in the 100 back.
The Trojans were the Woodland Conference Relay Champions, Packer Relay Champions, South Milwaukee Relay Champions and conference runner-ups, losing by only eight points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team uses big second half to beat Wisconsin Lutheran
- Plenty of positives in Wauwatosa West girls' basketball loss to Kettle Moraine
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team could battle for GMC title
- Wauwatosa West swimming team has bright future with talented underclassmen on the rise
- MacGillis, Barkow share Wauwatosa West boys volleyball MVP honors
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team looks for improvement
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes return three state qualifiers — Danny Larson, Cal Hartt, Avery Weishoff
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team has plenty of experience returning
- Wauwatosa East's Potter earns two team cross-country awards