Wauwatosa East whipped Sussex Hamilton and got some revenge in first-round regional action Tuesday night, moving on to face Brookfield Central in the regional finals at 7 p.m. Thursday at Central.
Wauwatosa West saw its season come to an end with a 2-1 loss at Germantown.
In the East victory, Tyson Martens scored the first (Jake DeMots assist, 27th minute) and last goal of the game (Stefano Mercuri assist, 71st), while Bobby Russ scored the middle goal on a pass from Calvin Mabie at 44 minutes.
The Chargers beat East, 2-0, in this game last year and ended the Red Raiders season.
Erik Grancarz scored the Trojans only goal in the 76th minute after Germantown led 2-0. It was too little too late.
West played good defense, but then would have a let down and allow the two goals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West rushes to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team wins Shorewood Invite
- Wauwatosa East boys go 3-1 at Racine Park invite
- Mystery Photo Contest: Sept. 18
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa West netters win two conference matches
- Wauwatosa East's Potter takes second at Rocket Invite
- Wauwatosa West swimmers whip Greendale
- Wauwatosa East drops key GMC match to Lancers