Wauwatosa East whipped Sussex Hamilton and got some revenge in first-round regional action Tuesday night, moving on to face Brookfield Central in the regional finals at 7 p.m. Thursday at Central.
Wauwatosa West saw its season come to an end with a 2-1 loss at Germantown.
In the East victory, Tyson Martens scored the first (Jake DeMots assist, 27th minute) and last goal of the game (Stefano Mercuri assist, 71st), while Bobby Russ scored the middle goal on a pass from Calvin Mabie at 44 minutes.
The Chargers beat East, 2-0, in this game last year and ended the Red Raiders season.
Erik Grancarz scored the Trojans only goal in the 76th minute after Germantown led 2-0. It was too little too late.
West played good defense, but then would have a let down and allow the two goals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa wrestlers bring home three champions
- Sports Note: Dec. 12
- Tosa East girls basketball team seeing positive results early on
- Tosa West boys basketball team continues to roll
- Tosa East boys basketball team opens conference season Friday
- Jones brilliant in Tosa West's win over Rockets
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year