Wauwatosa East finished fifth in the South Milwaukee Rocket Invitational on Saturday, scoring 126 points.
Brookfield Central won the event with 54 points, followed by Franklin (75), Muskego (116) and Brookfield East (120).
Junior Jordy Schmidt and sophomore Katie Salmon finished eighth and 11th, respectively, with times of 15 minutes, 53.5 seconds and 15:56.4.
Senior Nicole Kashian finished 23rd (16:32.0), with freshman Margaret Deflieze, 41st (17:08.0) and senior Bethel Assefa, 43rd (17:10.4) topping out the first five.
Sophomore Samantha Osinski was 47th (17:22.6) and seniors Andrea Schaefer (59th, 17:43.8) and Emma Watson (64th, 17:58.9).
"We had one top-five runner out (Gabi Caron-Schuler) and after a hard week of practice got a hard-fought fifth place in the team race," Tosa East coach Glen Gardiner said. "We were only 10 points out of third. Jordy Schmidt's time was a personal record."
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets