Wauwatosa East finished fifth in the South Milwaukee Rocket Invitational on Saturday, scoring 126 points.
Brookfield Central won the event with 54 points, followed by Franklin (75), Muskego (116) and Brookfield East (120).
Junior Jordy Schmidt and sophomore Katie Salmon finished eighth and 11th, respectively, with times of 15 minutes, 53.5 seconds and 15:56.4.
Senior Nicole Kashian finished 23rd (16:32.0), with freshman Margaret Deflieze, 41st (17:08.0) and senior Bethel Assefa, 43rd (17:10.4) topping out the first five.
Sophomore Samantha Osinski was 47th (17:22.6) and seniors Andrea Schaefer (59th, 17:43.8) and Emma Watson (64th, 17:58.9).
"We had one top-five runner out (Gabi Caron-Schuler) and after a hard week of practice got a hard-fought fifth place in the team race," Tosa East coach Glen Gardiner said. "We were only 10 points out of third. Jordy Schmidt's time was a personal record."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale