Wauwatosa East finished fifth in the South Milwaukee Rocket Invitational on Saturday, scoring 126 points.
Brookfield Central won the event with 54 points, followed by Franklin (75), Muskego (116) and Brookfield East (120).
Junior Jordy Schmidt and sophomore Katie Salmon finished eighth and 11th, respectively, with times of 15 minutes, 53.5 seconds and 15:56.4.
Senior Nicole Kashian finished 23rd (16:32.0), with freshman Margaret Deflieze, 41st (17:08.0) and senior Bethel Assefa, 43rd (17:10.4) topping out the first five.
Sophomore Samantha Osinski was 47th (17:22.6) and seniors Andrea Schaefer (59th, 17:43.8) and Emma Watson (64th, 17:58.9).
"We had one top-five runner out (Gabi Caron-Schuler) and after a hard week of practice got a hard-fought fifth place in the team race," Tosa East coach Glen Gardiner said. "We were only 10 points out of third. Jordy Schmidt's time was a personal record."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team