There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet golfers use balance to win Port Invite
- Counsell takes over as Brewers manager
- Wauwatosa East's Libbey takes only first at Dan Benson Invite
- Whitefish Bay golfers focusing hard on NSC meets
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- Wauwatosa West boys tennis team beats Popes, Falcons
- Lamontagne's goal keys win for Wauwatosa East girls
- Wauwatosa West's Morzinski, Jackson take individual firsts at Dan Benson Invite
- Runners set multiple PRs at Wauwatosa East 'Quad'
- Brookfield East's Bullen breaks meet long jump record