There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meidl, Michaelis named Wauwatosa East's MVPs
- Elmbrook hockey registration open; Tosa, 4 other communities involved
- Wauwatosa's Plaisted makes USA Volleyball team
- Fort Atkinson offers fall Jr. Blackhawk Baseball League
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West