There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team uses big second half to beat Wisconsin Lutheran
- Plenty of positives in Wauwatosa West girls' basketball loss to Kettle Moraine
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team could battle for GMC title
- Wauwatosa West swimming team has bright future with talented underclassmen on the rise
- MacGillis, Barkow share Wauwatosa West boys volleyball MVP honors
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team looks for improvement
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes return three state qualifiers — Danny Larson, Cal Hartt, Avery Weishoff
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team has plenty of experience returning
- Wauwatosa East's Potter earns two team cross-country awards