There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys could surprise in post-season
- Wauwatosa West battles Popes but loses in overtime
- Wauwatosa West senior boys weren't ready to call it a basketball season yet
- Wauwatosa West's Brown hits a 3-pointer to send playoff into 2 overtimes
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team nips Huskies in overtime
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Larson named Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Most Valuable Athlete
- Wauwatosa East girls see season end in regional semifinal
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down the stretch for Wauwatosa West girls basketball