There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team better than their 10-14 record
- Wauwatosa West's Purifoy, Jackson earn firsts at Wilson invite track meet
- West's Jones earns Now All-Suburban mention
- Wauwatosa West softball team opens with 1-1 record
- Despite winless start, Wauwatosa East softball team improves
- Kelnhofer, Potter earn firsts for Wauwatosa East at Bay Triangular
- Wauwatosa West girls win 6 events at Wilson Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post four wins at Bay triangular
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team