There was good news coming out of the Wauwatosa West camp on quarterback Josh Stoeckmann on Sunday following a head injury in the final minutes of the Trojans' 21-13 loss to Wauwatosa East Saturday night.
Stoeckmann was taken to the hospital in an ambulance as a precaution following the game Saturday night.
"Josh is doing a lot better today," West coach Matt Good said Sunday afternoon. "There was a play at the end of the game where he was inadvertently speared. After the game he had some concussion-type symptoms. As the case with all head injuries we will bring him back slowly."
Tosa West will travel to Brown Deer to meet the Falcons on Friday in the Woodland Conference opener at 7 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East baseball team continues to struggle during 2013 season
- Wrestlers from Wauwatosa, Pewaukee successful at Northern Plains tournament
- Wauwatosa West learned how to win close games
- Wauwatosa East names Kostelantez Most Valuable Player
- Reynolds, Campbell named West MVPs
- Wave summer camps begin next week
- Sports Notes: June 11
- Wauwatosa West leads Woodland West
- Wauwatosa East's week ends with four-game loss streak
- Brookfield Central ends Red Raiders' season