Cancer benefit for Landisch scheduled
For West boys basketball coach continues battle with cancer
As former Wauwatosa West boys basketball coach Mike Landisch continues to fight his battle with cancer, a fundraiser has been set for Sept. 16 at Kelly's Bleachers, 5218 W. Bluemound Road.
There will be a $15 cover charge for the soda and hors d'oeuvres, live music from Travesty and a silent auction/raffle from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The press release put out by Scott Landisch, Mike's brother, said "The Landisch's would like to invite you to a party to help raise funds for the battle that coach Landisch and his family face."
Landisch, who lost his coaching job after the season when he didn't have his contract renewed, has been battling the disease for two years.
"Mike is planning on having another benefit to raise funds for his family in an effort to help out with bills," Scott Landisch said.
"They (the bills) have been piling up and (they) have another little one coming in August, Caden Michael Landisch," he added.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays
- Wauwatosa East blasts Bulldogs, nips Spartans
- Late goal keeps Homestead girls soccer team in North Shore lead
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties top-ranked DSHA
- Wauwatosa East tennis team second at Beaver Dam Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls almost upset Arrowhead
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team fourth in Woodland Relays
- Wauwatosa West girls second at Woodland Relays