Cancer benefit for Landisch scheduled
For West boys basketball coach continues battle with cancer
As former Wauwatosa West boys basketball coach Mike Landisch continues to fight his battle with cancer, a fundraiser has been set for Sept. 16 at Kelly's Bleachers, 5218 W. Bluemound Road.
There will be a $15 cover charge for the soda and hors d'oeuvres, live music from Travesty and a silent auction/raffle from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The press release put out by Scott Landisch, Mike's brother, said "The Landisch's would like to invite you to a party to help raise funds for the battle that coach Landisch and his family face."
Landisch, who lost his coaching job after the season when he didn't have his contract renewed, has been battling the disease for two years.
"Mike is planning on having another benefit to raise funds for his family in an effort to help out with bills," Scott Landisch said.
"They (the bills) have been piling up and (they) have another little one coming in August, Caden Michael Landisch," he added.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down stretch for Tosa West
- Wauwatosa's Folley and Reagan advance to state wrestling semis
- Bailey Berlin's 18 points sparks Wauwatosa East girls win
- Trojans crush Whitnall behind Brown, Bartlett, Jr., Carroll
- Wauwatosa's Folley, Reagan, Morrow heading to state
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team crushes Brookfield East to hold second
- Wauwatosa West's Imperiale sees similarities in Wisconsin Lutheran
- Larson leads way for Tosa Hurricanes
- SPORTS WRAPS: Feb. 19