Cancer benefit for Landisch scheduled
For West boys basketball coach continues battle with cancer
As former Wauwatosa West boys basketball coach Mike Landisch continues to fight his battle with cancer, a fundraiser has been set for Sept. 16 at Kelly's Bleachers, 5218 W. Bluemound Road.
There will be a $15 cover charge for the soda and hors d'oeuvres, live music from Travesty and a silent auction/raffle from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The press release put out by Scott Landisch, Mike's brother, said "The Landisch's would like to invite you to a party to help raise funds for the battle that coach Landisch and his family face."
Landisch, who lost his coaching job after the season when he didn't have his contract renewed, has been battling the disease for two years.
"Mike is planning on having another benefit to raise funds for his family in an effort to help out with bills," Scott Landisch said.
"They (the bills) have been piling up and (they) have another little one coming in August, Caden Michael Landisch," he added.
- Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Boys basketball: Tosa East makes most of final opportunity
- Bailey Berlin's free throw sparks win for Wauwatosa East girls basketball
- Wauwatosa East boys stay undefeated, down Falls
- Wrestlers blank co-op trio, 79-0
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team beats Packers for first win
- Trojan girls basketball team beats Brown Deer, loses to Cudahy
- Wauwatosa wins two events, takes seven seconds, three thirds
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball wins Woodland opener
- Wauwatosa East girls bounce back to beat Eagles, 70-27